Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    @lefreut That change you made allows me to use custom portraits now. I haven't played very much so far but it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help.
  • ShalashaskkaShalashaskka Member Posts: 3
    lefreut said:

@Milo @Shalashaskka can you try with this UI.menu (you need to rename the file). I add some logging to try to understand what happens, you need to launch the game from a cmd prompt to see it. I also made one fix but I don't see how the old code could crash. If you can test and post the log :)

The UI file you posted works perfectly! No need to send a log.

Thank you very much!
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    Etaminswitchza
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @AncientCowboy No worries. I still have to finish my current run through before I make any real changes anyway. But glad to hear it's in the works. I'd love to be able to use this UI with say the Progress Bar and Portrait Picker at some point in the future without having to edit the latter stuff in specially.
  • ElfenixElfenix Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2016
    I never encountered any crash or lag but I got something strange. I can't say if it was already in vanilla, or is a EET bug or coming from your journal tweak :
    I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4 (yeah I know I'm really slow, was unfortunately busy in real life), I've finished the bandit camp and have to go to the Cloackwood to find the hidden base. For the moment I didn't enter any Cloackwood map.

In the journal the Chapter 4 quests list is empty, the information about the hidden mine is in Chapter 4 "done quests" and also in active quests of Chapter 3.
    I should have a quest like "Find the hidden base in the cloackwood" in the Chapter 4 activ quests list or it's normal to have no official main quest unlike previous Chapter?

• TitusVisitusTitusVisitus Member Posts: 18
    I just started playing and installed your UI. I encountered these two possible issues:
    1) When I pay for rumours in an inn, no text shows up in the right pane. I have tried different amounts, but I never saw any rumour shown. Am I just wasting money or is there supposed to some text?
    2) When the quick loot bar is activated and no loot is available an area above the dialog window becomes unclickable. The cursor changes into a hand instead of the move cursor. This makes it difficult to move around, as I tend to click just above the dialog window to move around. I need to scroll a bit up or down before I'm able to move. Disabling the quick loot bar solves this issue. Is this something that can be solved without having to toggle the quick loot bar on and off?
    edited December 2016
    Hi TitusVisitus, my 2 cents here :
    1) You may precise which game you are playing ( BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE or EET ), it could be specific to one inn. Which inn have you visited ?
    I tried it in Nashkel and in Friendly Arm Inn, it works ok. I had to insist in Nashkel (paying 5-6 times to get a rumour) because I've finished most of the quests so no a lot of rumour remaining. Maybe you have done all the quests of the area ?
    2) I confirm this behaviour but I think it's coming from the EE, not Lefreut UI. It would be cool if we had a hotkey to toggle the quick loot bar on and off.
    edited November 2019
    Elfenixswitchza
    I forgot to mention I was playing Baldu's Gate Enhanced Edition. I retested the rumours with an earlier save and they indeed appear. I thought they always had something to say, instead of just taking my money :smile:

Looking forward to the fix for the quick loot.
    Oh thanks Lefreut for the offer but no I'm personnaly ok with this empty quests list as long as it's only the main quest, I can't forget it unlike the side quests (actually it would be very annoying if it was any of the others quests).
    I just report it in case you could improve your mod but I guess it's an Enhanced Editions issue.

For the quick loot bar, I'm also looking forward for your solution, very curious about that!

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited December 2016
    lefreut said:

2) When the quick loot bar is activated and no loot is available an area above the dialog window becomes unclickable. The cursor changes into a hand instead of the move cursor. This makes it difficult to move around, as I tend to click just above the dialog window to move around. I need to scroll a bit up or down before I'm able to move. Disabling the quick loot bar solves this issue. Is this something that can be solved without having to toggle the quick loot bar on and off?

I'm testing a fix to this right now :)
    I solved this issue in dragonspear UI++, you can check the code, if you want. IIRC the trick is permanent conditional resizing function.
  • CanesCanes Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2016
    I really love your Journal page, wish it was included in EEUITweaks. I don't suppose it can be otherwise configured to personal taste, like reverting some screens back to vanilla, but keeping the Journal?
    Post edited by Canes on
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited December 2016
    @lefreut You seem like the person to ask... Is there a way to fix the area map screen (essentially change it back to the way it was, or at least not make it so dark) through UI modding? Or would that require actual coding because of the new changes?

If all it requires is some manual editing of the UI Menu, fingers crossed, I can manage that.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    edited November 2019
    switchza
  • switchzaswitchza Member Posts: 15
    Yes! Thank you lefreut! That bug has been irritating me for ages.
    Thanks for fixing this, works like a charm!

Maybe a feature to include in a next version: based on https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58972/mod-better-quick-loot-v1-6 I added one line to UI.menu so I can press E to toggle the quickloot window.

Search for
    toggle groundItemsButtonToggle
    Add the line "on e" before this line so it reads
    on e
    toggle groundItemsButtonToggle
    edited November 2019
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    Just want to thank you, I always wanted the old look. It's perfectly done, I think, and so easy to install.
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2016
    Lefreut, I cannot pick SOD any more in main BG menu. It's not there. I don't know what happened. The information must be somewhere in the override folder. An old override folder from yesterday gives me SOD back. But I still wonder what happened, because I did only some button changes (in Character generation) to ui.menu.
    EDIT: Fixed it by using an old override folder and putting my changes in there.
    Post edited by tortuosit on
    edited November 2019
    Parys
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @lefreut
    OK, please, look up the screenshot I have attached
    A glitch appears when I switching weapons (It seems that two-handed weapons are mostly vulnerable to this graphical distortion.)
    I play without nearest neighbor scaling active. When I turn it on the glitch disappear, but my characters immediately transform to a pile of ugly pixels. I just like default smooth rendering too much, that's all.

• raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2016
    @lefreut, great mod.

Though in my case, I can't remove spells from a mage book.
    When I right-click on a spell and then on remove, nothing happens.
    I'm on Linux, so I get this message in console:

INFO: [string "function action0xca495a0 () popup2Button(engi..."]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
    =[C]: in function '__index'
    function action0xca495a0 () popup2Button(engine_mode == 0 and 24485 or 63745, 'REMOVE_BUTTON', function() mageScreen:EraseKnownSpell(bookSpells[selectedSpell].resref); selectedSpell = nil end) end:1: in function 'okFunc'
    function action0xc906410 ()
    Infinity_PopMenu('POPUP_TWOBUTTON')
    if (Popup2Button.okFunc) then
    Popup2Button.okFunc()
    end
    end:4: in function <[string "function action0xc906410 () ..."]:1>

I don't use any other UI modifications.
    Though I installed a lot of other mods (scs, spell rev, atweaks, etc).
    Oh, and I use polish translation.
    Can you make anything out of the above code?
    edited November 2019
    edited December 2016
    I installed manually by Weidu and then change certain graphical elements (i.e. clock, AI button etc.)
    I have done a clean install of Lefreut's enhanced UI but the problem is lingering.
    The size of GUIRSP10.BAM is 116 bytes (116 bytes). I've been trying in vain to delete a file.
    I think its related to this bug: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/21473
    Thank you for your time. Keep up the good work.
    edited November 2019
    It seems that the graphical glitch also appears in Clean installation of BG.
    You said You can't reproduce it, so it seems that something is messed with mine BG.
    How long we need to wait a patch? We need to squashed this nasty bugs:)
    Cheers!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2016
    @lefreut , whenever I install it on BG2EE it crashes the game (I'm quite positive that it is caused by the mod because it goes back to normal when I uninstall it). For BGEE it seems to be working just fine. =/

Also, can the text/combat text screen be shortened? Currently it's got a mininum of four lines, and I'm used to keeping it with two.
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
    edited November 2019
    DJKajuru
  • Jānis_LīvensJānis_Līvens Member Posts: 1
    This mod caused my spell trigger spells to bug out and open contingency page instead. Also exporting character caused crash to desktop.
    edited November 2019