Skip to content

I can't memorize spells

I have briefly run across this problem before (though I cannot remember when) and I wasn't able to solve it then either. I have been running problems where I am not allowed by the game to memorize more than a few spells per level. In this case, my current party is Me, Yoshimo, Minsc, Jaheria, Nalia, Auren.

Jaheria doesn't seem to have any problems, but when I try to memorize Nalia's spells it all goes wrong, she cannot memorize more than three spells per level whether the level would normally allow it or not. (Example I'm alloted 5 Level 1 spells, but the game only lets me have three). If I try a forth spell, the game just makes the usual memorize noise as if I succeeded while simulatenously showing the twinkle on the first slot which already has a spell. It won't let me fill any more of the empty slots after I fill three of them.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Are you running any kind of mod that changes the appearance of the spellbook?

Also does casting Greater Restoration/Ctrl+R on Nalia help?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2016
    @elminster
    No on both accounts. Also the twinkle is shown off of the spellbook for some reason, not on the first slot as I had thought before.
    Can you attach a save?
    Moved thread to the troubleshooting section. Hopefully we can figure out whats up.
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
    Can you put the save folder into a zip file and attach it here? (f you are on a mac you can just right click the save's folder and press "compress", if you are on windows you may need a program like winrar or winzip)
    JuliusBorisov
    Is this better?
    elminster
    @elminster
    Well, if I managed to do that right do you know what the problem is?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2016
    When I load it up in BG2EE, the female Fighter with 97hp shows - Invalid: 121832

Different variations of Invalid: ###### follow depending on what you're looking at - Biography, or mouse clicking to move that particular NPC.

No clue who it is. I'm not familiar with a stock level 7 female fighter that joins the party right after Irenicus' dungeon.

I can duplicate the spell memorizing stuff with the save game, so I gather it has to do with the above quirky NPC.

Hope that helps troubleshoot the problem.

EDIT: And here she is. It's a mod. Gather you remove it, problem solved.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/auren/
    JuliusBorisovelminster
    @Sylvus_Moonbow Alright thanks, I'll try deleting Auren, she isn't that interesting of an NPC anyway.
    edited December 2016
    You must be either running some kind of mod specific to Nalia or you edited her in EEkeeper. For me just checking now it says she is an abjurer (and spawning Nalia doesn't show this issue). Did you edit her in EE keeper?
    Post edited by elminster on
    @elminster No, I'm not knowledgeable enough to do that, I'm also using an NPC Kit Mod.
    @elminster @Sylvus_Moonbow I have now deleted both Auren and the NPC Kit Mod, if I still have issues I will report back to this board.
    elminster