Skip to content

Warrior Monk Mod Finished in Near Infinity. Testers and WeiDU help requested.

BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
edited December 2016 in General Modding
The discussion seems to mostly be happening in my thread in the BG1:EE forum so I'll just link this there and then I don't have to update two mods.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62614/warrior-monk-mod-version-1-00-finished-in-near-infinity-testers-and-weidu-help-requested/

I've finished editing all the files in Near Infinity and I can e-mail them to you if you want to help test it. I'm still trying to figure out WeiDU.
Post edited by BCaesar on

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think you can host your mod for free on Github, there are a ton of recent mods hosted on Github and it's generally very practical.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    I just figured out how to add animations for the other races for Monk!

To do this I had to delve into my INI Folder. I found files 6500.INI (Monk Male Human) and 6510.INI (Monk Female Human). I made five copies of each (numbered 6501.INI through 6505.INI for male, and 6511.INI through 6515.INI for female) and changed the name of one copy to Monk_Male_Elf, one copy to Monk_Male_Dwarf, etc. until I had one copy for the 5 non-human races for male and 5 non-human races for female. Half-Elves just look like Elves. Then I found the 5 files for those races for Cleric_Male (6001.INI through 6005.INI) and the 5 files for those races for Cleric_Female (6011.INI through 6015.INI). I copied the contents of each file (except for the name at the top) and pasted them into each new Monk file of the same name. So I replaced the contents of 6501: Monk_Male_Elf with the contents of file 6001: Cleric_Male_Elf.

Tested it by creating new characters in game and it works!
    yowave
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    Ok I figured out how to modify the Kit/Class description and also how to edit the weapons to allow Monks to use them. (I haven't finished making all of those changes yet, but I know how now).

So the only thing I still need to figure out is how to remove the Monks' Deflect Missiles ability (+1 bonus to AC against missile attacks every 3 levels). I thought it would be in the CLABMO*.2DA files but it doesn't seem to be.
    Ratatoskr