Skip to content

Where do you place the "override" folder? BG:EE Steam version...

Carl_LCarl_L Member Posts: 41
Hey,

So... I'm trying to install some GUI Mods (don't recall the exact names) and apparently all I need to do is drop the downloaded files into the "override" folder. This folder did not exist, so I created one and moved the files into it, but that didn't seem to work so I'm a little confused at this point.

Right now the folder is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override

Is this the right location? If so, what might I being doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Carl_L, home is where CHITIN.KEY is.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Additionally, just right click on BG:EE in your Steam Library, click Properties, go to the Local Files tab and then click Browse Local Files. It should open up the BG:EE installation folder.

That's where your \override directory is created.
  • XarosXaros Member Posts: 5
    how to do it on Android ? heeelp.....

edited June 2014
    Xaros said:

how to do it on Android ? heeelp.....

Installing any mods to Android that use WeiDU, would require you to install the mod on a PC, then transfer the files to the Android device.

Any mods that add text to the game, such as new NPC banter, item descriptions, etc., won't work for Android because of the dialog.tlk file not being able to be edited on an Android device.

Thus, item mods, quest mods or NPC mods would not work.

"So any mod using override files will work just dandy there; if it requires a change to the tlk file I'm afraid you're out of luck, at least for the moment."

Check this thread for reference regarding your Android device.

Travel safe, brave warrior @Xaros, and may you always find adventure, fortune and fame in your travels.
    so, is it a possible to instal XP cap removal on Android devise ????
    edited June 2014
    Xaros said:

so, is it a possible to instal XP cap removal on Android devise ????

Yup.

You can download the three files that you'd dump into your \Override folder in this link.
    it is working !!!!!!!! i have new life with bg ee again :-D

thank you very very much Sylvus.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    It's not working for me, and I'm even just trying to add custom portraits for NPC's :disappointed:

I have posted my issue in a new thread.