New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Custom NPC portraits on Android?
I have tried to install some custom portraits for Viconia and Faldorn on my Android phone. It didn't quite work out..
Here's what I did:
- I adapted two pictures (1, 2) to the dimensions 210 x 330 and saved them each with two names, giving a total of four images named as follows (names are according to this list):
I created these files using Gimp, following this guide. They are attached to this post, in a ZIP-file. The odd names, where two of the images are prefixed with the letter 'N' was suggested by @Tschakong in this comment. I have no idea which way is the right one, but better safe than sorry..
- I tested the images on my computer, by creating a folder named 'override' in this directory (as instructed through this discussion):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766
After moving the four images to the newly created 'override' folder and loading the relevant saved game (fetched from my Android phone) on my PC, I saw that it worked! While the small images (understandably) wasn't replaced, the large ones were . The relevant saved game is attached to this post.
- I created an 'override' folder in this directory on my phone (as recommended by @Dee 's first comment in this thread):
- I sent the pictures to my phone and copied the four images into this new 'override' folder.
- On my phone, I restarted BG and loaded my saved game, but, nothing had changed. The large portraits had not been replaced as they had been on my PC .
What could I be doing wrong here?