Skip to content

What if Skie died in BG1?

The title says it all. What happens in SOD if Skie died in BG1?
Which also brings up the same question about all the other characters. Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Safana, Belt, Jannath, etc.?

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2016
    Entar Silvershield probably coughed up some gold for a resurrection . Others that are not plot-important might stay dead. Never tested though.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellObjulen
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i gets ignored like it always did.
    Quartz
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    ToB doesn't ignore it, or was it just Yoshimo that couldn't be called upon ?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Just him.
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    She always dies in my BG1 runs. Like 90% of the rest of the cast. :expressionless:
    [Deleted User]
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    They should've had a "Skie? Aren't you dead?" dialogue option, like they did for a most of the BG1 NPC's that showed up in SOA.
    Objulen
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    if skie get's chunked by sarevok deathbringer assault can silvershield still resurrect her...planning to use her as a front line tank on my next playthrough and only in the final battle.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Yamcha said:

Entar Silvershield probably coughed up some gold for a resurrection . Others that are not plot-important might stay dead. Never tested though.

the plot thickens, because he dies as well, he was one of the dukes that were assassinated, so he wont be raising anyone from the dead

maybe they're all zombies

fkirenicus
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Yamcha said:

ToB doesn't ignore it, or was it just Yoshimo that couldn't be called upon ?

Just Yoshimo, because that was an actual plot event. Back in 1998, there really weren't mechanisms to persist events like NPC death across 2 games in a series. We really didn't have a lot of series doing that until at least 2008.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus I also heard that there was some weird whacky contract disputes with yoshimo's character, so that's another reason why he may not have been added in, because if im not mistaken, yoshimo actually has some dialogue if you bring him to hell ( in the old original bg2 with no ToB)

I believe one day I was playing around with the cheats and teleported my group to the 9 hells, and even yoshimo had something to say, so it looked like they were thinking about bringing him along, but then something happened during development I suppose
    brunardo
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @sarevok57 I haven't heard of any contract reasons, but rather, deadline reasons as well as change of plans. (Much the same reason Haer'Dalis and Valygar are not romance-able) Imoen was intended to die in Spellhold, and when they decided not to kill her off, they spent the rest of their time making sure she had the appropriate lines for the rest of the game, rather than finishing up Yoshimo's questline (including his resurrection). As I recall, he's related to Tamoko, and has some interesting lines with Sarevok.

Thankfully, there are mods to bring him back.
    JuliusBorisovsarevok57[Deleted User]