Skip to content

Complete list of alignment-exclusive cleric spells?

I know that some cleric spells are only available to non-good/non-evil clerics or *only* to good/evil ones, and there's even a chaotic-only spell, but I can't seem to be able find the complete list anywhere. Is there such a resource somewhere, or could somebody compile a list if anyone's feeling like it?

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I'm working on such a list right now (I'm even including Druid-exclusives for completeness). So far I have level 1 spells virtually done, I just need to go back in and add the True Neutral Cleric's exclusions (because silly me thought that would be covered under Druid, and it's not)
    @Sargon1 if this table is incomplete, it's because I left out kit perks and didn't check the corner alignments (LG, CG, CE, LE)
  • Sargon1Sargon1 Member Posts: 25
    Gate! I knew it! :D I wasn't listed anywhere in the other sources. I guess they were all pre-EE or pre-some patch.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Is there no way for an evil cleric to raise a fallen party member from the dead?
  • cbones9889cbones9889 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 41
    @SharGuidesMyHand the only way for an evil party to raise a party member from the dead is by using an NPC priest or having a cleric that is Neutral or Good.

I also think there may be a staff of resurrection in the game but I may be thinking of BG2 on that one.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    IWD is clearly a hero campaign. I can't see a solid RP reason for an evil party.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Raduziel said:

IWD is clearly a hero campaign. I can't see a solid RP reason for an evil party.

"FOR THE EVULZ!" is a solid a reason as any.

Also, you could totally be out to stop this evil whats-it from taking over the world, because by the Nine Hells, that's exactly what YOU want. Can't let competition loose like that. Any of this "heroic" stuff you do in the process just wins you the hearts of the locals for you to viciously stomp on later.
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't even necessarily have to be that (though it can play a role in it).

1) Evil characters are inherently greedy. They wound up in Easthaven because they thought they could scam a podunk town, but got derailed by Erevard's expedition and the potential riches from that.
    2) Evil characters are vengeful. After the avalanche and the insinuations that an outside force caused it, they decided "I'm gonna kill whoever did that to me."
    3) Evil characters are evil. They're going to beat up Kresselack's guards and murder that Aurilite priestess for funsies, they'll jump at the chance to terrorize some place called the Temple of the Forgotten God, and the Heartstone Gem is still a gem - if they can steal it and sell it to the highest bidder after Arundel's done with it, then so be it.
    4) In the Forgotten Realms, the gods do interfere when necessary (or amusing), even if through intermediaries. Auril would not be happy with Yxunomei's plans in any capacity, and somehow I don't think any of the evil gods (particularly Gruumsh) would sit by and watch as their henchmen go hench for Belhifet under the compulsion of Crenshinibon.

In short, it's easy enough to RP evil in Icewind Dale, you just need to think a little bit outside the box.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    There are evil dialogs, and banters. Not many but built in. Eg: when you reach kuldahar, arundel force you to clear vale of shadows, and if you say you dont want it, he clearly states that is your only chance to survive, because of the avalanche you cannot run away.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    From the looks of the list, it seems evil clerics are basically some sort of pseudo-nuker? Especially coupled with the evil cleric kit which basically just provides more free nukes.