Skip to content

How to adjust Gamma or Brightness

Are there any .ini or .lua tweaks to adjust gamma values? Because I must have done something by mistake and the game is too bright now. Would like to reset to the default values if possible.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The game itself doesn't provide any means to change brightness, contrast or gamma. However, there is a mod which allows you to modify these values: Lighting Pack for the Enhanced Edition.

You might have installed it with the wrong settings. Or look for any files with .GLSL extension in your override folder and remove them temporarily. They are likely responsible for the lighting conditions of the game.
  • CanesCanes Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2016
    argent77 said:

The game itself doesn't provide any means to change brightness, contrast or gamma. However, there is a mod which allows you to modify these values: Lighting Pack for the Enhanced Edition.

You might have installed it with the wrong settings. Or look for any files with .GLSL extension in your override folder and remove them temporarily. They are likely responsible for the lighting conditions of the game.

I have 8 files with the .glsl extension in my override folder, likely due to a mod BWS installed, maybe the one you mentioned. But re-installing GWS mod order 48 hous in will likely break my save. Removing the files fixes the problem, but you said only temporarily -- how temporarily?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    You can also remove them permanently if you want. I simply pointed it out that way, so that you don't delete them irreversibly in case they are not the culprit.

Alternatively you can reduce lighting values to acceptable levels. On top of each GLSL file (which are simple text files) are three values to tweak with short descriptions. Recommended values are contrast=1.2 , brightness=0.2 and gamma=1.2 .
  • CanesCanes Member Posts: 29
    Nope, that just made everything even brighter. Ultimately I went with 1.12/0.055/1.075 which made it somewhat closer to what I remember it.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
  • prometheanpromethean Member Posts: 9
    I'm gonna necro this thread: For me, the lighting pack did not work when "alternate renderer" was selected under graphics
  • compleCCitycompleCCity Member Posts: 52
    From the mod's page:

Note: Changes made by this mod will not be visible if you select "Alternative renderer" in the graphics options of the games.

B)