Skip to content

What happened to the Fog of War

I remember the original Baldur's Gate II had it, but it seems the enhanced edition does not, at least not in Athkatla.
How am I supposed to memorize places now...
Here's a question you don't hear often: How do I add it back in? -- Maybe a cheat code or ini tweak?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Athkatla never had a fog of war. Other locations have this fog. Just enter any dungeon, the Sewers for example. Or even the starting dungeon. Or go to the Umar Hills.

The fog of war is still there.
    ThacoBell
  • CanesCanes Member Posts: 29
    Hmm, I may be wrong then. I still think it would have benefitted from having fow in the city as well, like the first Baldur's Gate.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    The original Baldur's Gate 1 was like you described. BG2 took a different approach to that however.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Athkatla never had a fog of war.

For the avoidance of confusion ... that's not entirely true. Most areas of Athkatla have no Fog of War, but some do - the Graveyard and City Gates. (And when the Graveyard changes for Chapter 6, its Fog of War is renewed.)
    JuliusBorisovelminsterSkatan
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405

Athkatla never had a fog of war.

For the avoidance of confusion ... that's not entirely true. Most areas of Athkatla have no Fog of War, but some do - the Graveyard and City Gates. (And when the Graveyard changes for Chapter 6, its Fog of War is renewed.)
    playing vanilla, i was frustrated coze i couldn't remove that fog of war completely from the city map, "Why can't i see the whole damn city!"

Then my first reaction while pressing "m" key playing EE
    "ho cool i can see the entire map now"