Skip to content

Steam sale makes sense

I'm following SoD on steam to get it on a good price (it's nothing against beamdog but since I got burned on number of titles I've purchased for full price I never purchase any video game for full price).

At any rate,
check this out,
pruchase only dragonspear > 16.99$
purchase the entire BG: EE saga > 15.29 $ (seems they further discounted it because I own BGEE and BG2EE already.

http://imgur.com/a/JQFPG

funny.

at any rate worth 15$? how many hours of gameplay there is in this expac?
Note I never finished BG1 ever. and I never made BG1 to TOB run... Never.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

at any rate worth 15$?

Worth many times that much.

how many hours of gameplay there is in this expac?

IIRC they advertise it as 25 hours, but I'd call that a speedrun. In my experience (as a completionist), it takes about 100 hours.

Note I never finished BG1 ever. and I never made BG1 to TOB run... Never.

SoD is an add-on at the end of BG1ee.

Certainly it is possible to play a stand-alone SoD campaign, but it'll make more sense of the story (and several recurring characters) if you play it as it is designed, i.e. fully complete BG1ee to the end and only then continue (automatically) into SoD.
    ReibornJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    one of the reasons I didn't play BGEE yet was SoD. I was waiting to get it.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I'd say 15$ for SoD is fair. It's definitely worth experiencing.

I'm not sure exactly how long I played SoD for my first run. Maybe 30 hours or so? As far as game-length that's pretty dang long since plenty of games charge 60$ for 13 or so hours of gameplay lol.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2016

I'm following SoD on steam to get it on a good price (it's nothing against beamdog but since I got burned on number of titles I've purchased for full price I never purchase any video game for full price).

This is exactly my way of thinking, knowing the criticism of the game and the fact some other people bought the game on special... there is no way I am paying over $15 for a mere BG add-on.

Although I must admit I would happily pay well over $15 if beamdog included a DLC/Mod for extra banter (especially if this made Mizhena a playable/romance-able character)
    BelgarathMTH
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well the next steam sale is this Thursday. and if it is anything like gog's last sale sod is only gonna go to about 12.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Teo_live said:

Although I must admit I would happily pay well over $15 if beamdog included a DLC/Mod for extra banter (especially if this made Mizhena a playable/romance-able character)

LOL. I can just hear all the heads exploding if they did that. I'd buy it, though. ;)
    Teo_live
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    The game is great, dont wait and just buy it!
    Fardragon
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    Game is average at best. Music and art is good. Written content is rubbish.

Fights are similar to icewind dale as in more is harder and that's a poor approach to attempt to make it more difficult.
    Post edited by Wesboi on
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    It's worth more than $15, yes.