Skip to content

What does it mean when Imoen Says this when attacking from behind(3 Sneak Attack?)

Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
edited December 2016 in Troubleshooting

This happened to me every time once per foe attacked, (though I can't totally confirm it), after that every successful attack from behind would prompt a backstab fail(still doing normal damage, i think). Is it the 3 Sneak Attack feature? because I haven't been able to get some "Sneak attack bonus damage = xxx" kind of prompt message.

It is worth mentioning that I had a short sword equipped with 1-6 of dmg. As shown in the pic, damage output was 9, so i can assume the extra 1d6 dice was rolled there. Isn't it ?

Regards

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Go into your baldur.lua file in my documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition and check to see if

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','3E Thief Sneak Attack','0')

has a value of 0. If it's 1 that means sneak attack is enabled...and I'm pretty sure the game either lacks the correct files for damage to be dolled out correctly with it (or possibly it just lacks the right strings). Either way check it to see if its enabled or not.
  • Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2016
    elminster said:

Go into your baldur.lua file in my documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition and check to see if

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','3E Thief Sneak Attack','0')

has a value of 0. If it's 1 that means sneak attack is enabled...and I'm pretty sure the game either lacks the correct files for damage to be dolled out correctly with it (or possibly it just lacks the right strings). Either way check it to see if its enabled or not.

Hi!

I had already double-checked that it was 1. It was 0 before, and I set it to 1. Still I don't seem to be getting Sneak Attacks

Anyway, why does Imoen say that? Does it mean anything? I can't find anything in the forums or Google about it

And I know the settings get saved because I had reset Nightmare XP and gold bonus to 1 and it worked just fine
    edited December 2016
    Then you are getting sneak attacks its just that the game lacks the access to the right files to show that you are (sneak attacks are not currently supported in BGEE/BG2EE). That is also what is causing Imoen to repeat Alora lines.

Edit: Actually it is repeating a response you have available when talking to Alora.
  • Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    elminster said:

Then you are getting sneak attacks its just that the game lacks the access to the right files to show that you are (sneak attacks are not currently supported in BGEE/BG2EE). That is also what is causing Imoen to repeat Alora lines.

Edit: Actually it is repeating a response you have available when talking to Alora.

Ahh, great, then. Thanks, Am I the only one experiencing this bug/issue?
    edited December 2016
    Nope I noticed it as well when testing it just now.