Skip to content

Can you reset a specific area or store?

As in title.

Probably through my own inattentiveness, a great deal of loot has disappeared from my Bag of Holding. I got one pretty early (from a mod) and had been storing goodies in there througout Chapter 2, doing most of the quests, and slowly gathering all NPCs. I am now pretty close to ending the chapter, and wanted to gather and outfit my "Spellhold party" with the best gear I had sofar collected.

But yeah, that's completely disappeared from the BoH. There was so much in there I don't even remember what exactly. Most of the quest loot I can probably EEKeeper back in, but I also pretty much emptied out the Adventurer's Mart, and to be honest I don't even remember what they sell exactly (in Chapter 2).

So I was thinking: would it be possible to reset an area (AR0702, the Adv Mart) or the stores (Ribald, Deidre, Yuth) so I can re-do my shopping? IIRC, the "state" of each area visited is specified in the savegame. The stores as well? I'm not at home among the data *that* much I'm afraid...

NOTE: I'm sure there's an inventory list for the shops somewhere, but maybe others can benefit from a method to reset an area for different reasons. :)

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unfortunately I cant help with this but for future reference, instead of using a modded BoH, what I do when I have extra items that I don't want to get rid of or sell, I put them in the barrel that is right beside Deidre in the adventurer's mart, kind of like your own storage bank for yourself, your items will never go missing, and the adventurer's mart is probably the most common shop to go to to buy and sell goodies

also, EVERY SINGLE ITEM I ever sell in SoA, I sell it all to Deidre, no matter what, even when I go to the underdark I save every single item starting from brynlaw all the way back to the adventurer's mart to sell to Deidre, the reason why I do this as well is because if I accidently sell something that I didn't mean to sell, I know exactly where to go to find it

this goes the same with ToB, EVERY SINGLE ITEM I sell goes to the shop keeper dude in the north forest, and again for the same reason, in case I sell something accidently it will always be at that guy ( I don't even sell stuff in saradush) and when it comes to item storage, well in ToB there is tons of item storage in your pocket plane, and again you will be going there lots, so its pretty convenient
    ThacoBellSjerrie
  • qwerty123456qwerty123456 Member Posts: 67
    Yes, theoretically you can delete an area and/or a store from you savegame. NearInfinity is your best bet.
    It can backfire in areas with quests, obviously, but usually nothing happens in Adventurer's Mart, so it on your own discretion. If you do decide to go that route, make sure to perform backups first.

On the other hand, if you don't even remember what was in the bag, I'd say you probably don't need it.
    Well, you can load an earlier save and check the bag or the store and see if there are any items you need and just cheat them in. This is a much less intrusive method.
    Sjerrie
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also as well, if you remember what areas you have been to, you can look at an online guide and see what items were in those areas and then just cheat them in ( since you already had them in the first place)
    Sjerrie
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    sarevok57 said:

also as well, if you remember what areas you have been to, you can look at an online guide and see what items were in those areas and then just cheat them in ( since you already had them in the first place)

That's basically what I did for the quest loot, yeah. And I've since found out the BG Wiki has a complete list of stuff sold at the Adv Mart. :)
    sarevok57