Skip to content

Assigning backstab multipliers to kits and help with OPcode 214

NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help with making a class kit. I wanted to add a backstab multiplier to my new kit but it doesn't seem to be working. I've added backstab = ~1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9~ as explained here. Is there something else I am meant to do?

Additionally, I wanted to create a custom spell for this kit that uses OPcode 214 (Select Spell) which isn't working at all. I essentially made a copy of Summon Spirit Animal (SPCL621) and it's resource file (SPCL621.2DA), renamed the new files and assigned my new spells to the new .2DA file. I can cast the innate ability in game but there are no new spells to select after casting.

Has anyone had much experience with either of these? I've never gotten this far with creating my own spells using Near Infinity so apologies if I'm asking a really stupid question.

Cheers!

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    I'll let someone else address the backstab.2da issue.

Could you post your spell and .2da files so I could take a look at them? I think I know what the issue is but I have no way to confirm without looking at the spell files.
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    Thanks @Aquadrizzt, but I can't seem to post .2da or .spl files to the forum. Know of any tips to get around that?

@subtledoctor, I don't suppose you could provide some insight to the backstab.2da issue?
    Actually, nevermind @Aquadrizzt! I got it working. I must have made a mistake with the .2da file when I copied the Summon Spirit Animal version. I redid it and it's working as planned. Thanks for the offer though :)
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Noobacca , yeah that's what I expected but figured it would be easier to just check your files for the error. Good on your for finding it yourself. Good luck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Actually, I think I just worked it out. Can backstab.2da only be assigned to thief kits? Because I'm trying to add it to a monk kit so that's probably the issue. I thought I might have been able to add it similarly to the Stalker. I'm guessing that's hardcoded... Boo-urns!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.