Skip to content

Can someone tell me the exact bonuses of resting peasant, merchant, noble, royal, on the streets...

Is there a specific bonus outside of health restored? Is some hidden morale stat altered depending on where you rest?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I believe its just health restored.
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Yeah just hp restored. It is not a percentage, but a fixed small difference of a few hps that should not matter much unless you are a level 1 mage. Like peasant room and resting in dungeon heals 1 hp, and the royal 4, maybe I am not %100 sure. Ofcourse, dungeon resting is risky for random encounters. Healing spells and regeneration help with the most of the healing, unless you love to rest for one month or more.
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    These options were really more relevant in the original BG1 when you didn't have any kind of setting to automatically cast spells on rest.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    imho better accomodation should make it harder to get fatigued (or maybe the opposite - worse accomodation should make it easier to get fatigue) so that if you rest in the best room it takes two Hastes to fatigue you, you can travel a long distance without getting tired etc...
    CrevsDaakEinhardtJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Pillars of Eternity gave you random bonuses for resting in fancier accommodations. Honestly, that's one aspect I'm not sure I support too much - it's just hard to justify splurging on resting in style for more than RP reasons.
    CrevsDaakmarzbarzGallowglass
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's not hard for me if better beds, no bugs, no unpleasant smells or noises etc mean better resting...perfectly intuitive and reasonable in practical terms
  • EinhardtEinhardt Member Posts: 53
    I agree with bob_veng. I always rest in the peasant room if it's available. The other rooms might be there for RP reason but just that short resting video does not suspend my disbelief that they're still all the same.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Why? It is only a couple coins. You can save at most a few hundred coins for the whole game if you always rest in lowest room possible. A few hundred, and that is a generous estimation. You can survive the game without a few hundred coins. In the grand scheme of things, it is nothing.
    [Deleted User]
    Shouldn't the question be why should I pay more if it gives me nothing? As stated, even for RP reason it still doesn't give me the feeling that I'm more comfy. In a real face-to-face GM narration might help, but not in this game for me.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    If you rest in a better room with characters that cannot cast healing spells, you get more HP back per 8 hrs. If you can cast healing spells, there's no noticeable difference.
  • 7Vikks7Vikks Member Posts: 14
    There's no reason to rest in anything other than a peasant bed, also the mechanic of not being allowed to rest in buildings (no matter if they've been abandoned or occupied by bandits) is retarded, basically means you have to run all the way out to an inn miles away to get 1 spell back, idiotic.
    7Vikks said:

There's no reason to rest in anything other than a peasant bed, also the mechanic of not being allowed to rest in buildings (no matter if they've been abandoned or occupied by bandits) is retarded, basically means you have to run all the way out to an inn miles away to get 1 spell back, idiotic.

Yeah, I'd prefer if there were a confirmation dialog saying resting there would get some penalty due to it's not comfortable enough or something and still allow you to do so if you really want. You probably get out of the building to rest anyway but it's better than stating outright that you just can't.