Skip to content

[Request] Free button configuration

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
Current behaviour:
Quick buttons are class dependent and hard-coded.

Desired behaviour:
Why not generally allow to freely configure all quick buttons like in NWN? Maybe we could have even quick AI script buttons then or set whether a button should affect 1 character only or several/all of them.
Post edited by Lunever on

Comments

• Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2012
    I think Icewind Dale 2 allowed you to customize all the icons, and it has the same engine. Should be an easy one to do I think.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited June 2012
    Since the UI is getting a lot of love, can we get fully customizable quick action buttons as in NWN1 rather than the fixed layout bottom bar in BG1 and BG2? That doesn't preclude having defaults resembling the original layouts (although I think they can be improved as well).
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Ok, I don't think I can move or delete my post, so if merging is in order please do so. :)
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    @Tanthalas: Wouldn't merging be better?
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    edited June 2012
    There is already a request specifically for quick weapon slots to allow for switching between using a ranged weapon to dual wielding. This request expands on that a bit. There are quite a few scenarios that would be made considerably more convenient with the implementation of more quick equipment slots or, preferably, customizable quick item slots.

Beyond the uses already discussed involving switching from a two-handed ranged weapon to two short swords, there are applications besides switching weapons, such as multi-class characters being able to switch armor without having to access the inventory screen, which would reduce a lot of constant hassle for fighter/thieves, fighter/mages, etc. Having to open up the inventory to switch between your heavy armor and the armor you need to use your thieving skills is a persistent inconvenience.

Again, I think the best option would be for quick item slots to become customizable, enabling the switching out of things other than weapons, but there are other possibilities to deal with this. The ability to switch out different sets of equipment would be an interesting possibility as well.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    I agree - a possible solution would be to do it NWN-style.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited June 2012
    I know this request is slightly different, but its also very similar to the other discussions concerning improving the quickslot bar.

Threads merged.