Skip to content

Is Pomab God or is it just me?

How the f do I do pomab? he's in the crystal temple, his copies cannot die and magic can't hurt them, his sentries can only become unconscious, what is this crap? is this a bug or what?

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited December 2014
    It's just you =P
    I am too lazy write detailed answer, so I will borrow one from DSimpson's FAQ:
     Q:  The battle with the False Pomab's is impossible!  Whenever I beat one of
    his sentry's they just get back up, and there always seem to be more
    Pomab's! How do I win?

A: Ignore the Sentries as best you can, and concentrate on getting rid of
    all the False Pomab's. Once they are all gone, the real Pomab will
    reveal himself. Kill him, and all the Sentries will die with him.

The battle with the false Pomab's can be tough--You have to find the
    real Pomab---Attacking the mirror images (I wish my mirror-image spell
    worked like that) doesn't do anything, but when you attack the right one
    one of the other images disappear instead. So find the right one to
    attack and just wail on his scrawny ass. (from ERSKINE)
    Post edited by Shikao on
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You need to figure out which one is the real one (True Seeing works well, or a thief with high Detect Illusions) and wail on him a bunch. He won't take damage, but his images will slowly die off. It'll take a while, but eventually he'll run out and you can kill him.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I'm sorry, I have to bump this.

There is almost certainly something wrong with this encounter. Whether I hit the False or the real Pomab, every time he jumps to a new location, he returns to 'Uninjured', and there is no way of trapping him between a circle of your characters. I've done this fight several times before and it takes all of about 2 seconds - is my game bugged, or have I forgotten something?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I recall Pomab could be easily killed with the Death Spell in original IWD....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Hmm. I'd never quite figured out the trick involved in hunting him down efficiently, but he does so little damage in return that I could always just keep moving from target to target until I got lucky. Just be persistent and try to avoid his attacks.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I don't think I took any lightning damage in my most recent run during the Pomab fight (was on Core Rules).

Depending on how many Melee-safe characters you have, it may be prudent to have one character just stand in the middle and pelt random Pomabs with missiles until you find the real one. Make sure to turn off AI mode though, at least for the missile character, since most AI modes will interfere with this strategy. Have the other characters beat up any cryshal sentries that get close, since Missile mode gives you a massive AC penalty if you get attacked in melee.