Skip to content

New user here, I shall share my experience of registering for the forums.

I tend to like older games better than new often. Master of Orion II is my favorite. I also like the Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment ones. I also like Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

My username is kind of a pun since that's what the enhanced edition of BG2 is doing for the game.

So here is my experience trying to sign up:

Well I had to make an account. Then verify email. Sign in over and over a million times--it doesn't accept my username so I must retry with email. Then it signs me in half the time and the other half can't sign me in. Then I try to post in new user area and my account didn't exist. So I had to recreate it and got tortured for 30 minutes by the Google-CAPTCHA which gets human answers wrong and robot answers right. Then it gave a really vague error and which took a while to figure out that my username was 2 characters too long. Then so I get tortured by the Google CAPTCHA again and then it says "Permisison error" and suggests I need to confirm my email address AGAIN. Then sign in over and over about 5 times. Then it seemed on one part of the site to say I was not signed in but I go to make a test post and it worked. Now part of the screen says signed in and the other part does not. And so now it has ended with my shorter username which I can't re-edit longer.

But now I can post. Hopefully the next time I have to log in when I return will be easier to log in.

Comments

• MakeAthkatlaGrtAgainMakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2016
    Welp after this post, now I get: "You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 300 seconds before attempting to post again."
  • I've been getting this message for a really long time. I am permanently unable to make any new threads anymore.
  • This is going on a lot longer than five minutes. IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE ANY NEW THREADS.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @MakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Now fixed. If anything like this happens again just let one of the moderators know. Anyway welcome to the forums and have fun :)
  • Hmmm I found out my trouble with logging in was because at the top of the page there's an "accounts" but the forum login is lower and on the left.