Skip to content

paladin protection from evil is better in iwdee than bgee solution ?

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
hi
What do you think, iwdee paladin's protection from evil is better ? Its only 1 use per day bur longer duration than bgee version, but the latter has more use per day. No mention the cha protection in iwdee.
  1. paladin protection from evil is better in iwdee than bgee solution ?22 votes
    1. IWDEE IS BETTER
      86.36%
    2. BGEE IS BETTER
      13.64%
sarevok57

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Longer duration is a bit of an understatement. :)

IWDEE: 24 turns
    BGEE: 1 turn
    Raduzielsarevok57_Luke_
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the only time I ever used the paladin protection from evil was waaaaay back in the olden days of bg1 vanilla, now adays I just wait until I get protection from evil 10' radius
    ineth
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Is the Icewind Dale one fixed to where it only provides protection from Evil creatures and NPCs? Last I knew, the Baldur's Gate version just provides its protection for everything.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017

Is the Icewind Dale one fixed to where it only provides protection from Evil creatures and NPCs? Last I knew, the Baldur's Gate version just provides its protection for everything.

That was the case in the original BG1. But in BG2 (and subsequently BGEE and BG2EE) it only protects against evil enemies.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    So, 90% of them. Got it.
  • Wandering_RangerWandering_Ranger Member Posts: 175
    I voted for BG:EE simply because it is more balanced.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    IWD.. it's closer to pnp.. never understood, why they haven't just given paladins their natural 10' radius pfe aura.