Skip to content

AI not responding

SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
(Happy New Year to all!)

For my playstyle EE's Advanced AI mechanics seem to work pretty well; micromanaging has become less tedious, and I've become a fan. However, sometimes it seems that really any AI script doesn't seem to "stick" for one or more party members.

Example: when they come into view, most of the party automatically engages enemies, casting offensives/defensives and such or swinging/firing weapons. Except for my main front-liner Dorn, who's just standing there like an idiot and is not even moving and just stands there like an idiot like his AI is off.

Except the AI is toggled on and Dorn's Advanced AI is set up correctly.

This has happened multiple times to almost every party member that has ever been in my party sofar. There was a work-around where you could set the party member's script to 'none', confirm, and then doing the same to re-apply the Advanced AI.

If that happens every other encounter is gets really annoying really fast. Is this still a known bug? Is there something else I could try to get the Adv AI to stick?

Edit: I do have a number of mods installed, but none (that I know of) that should affect AIs.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    What mods do you have installed?

Also can you attach a save file that is having this issue?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I never uploaded anything other than an image before, but my most recent save should be attached. It's from inside the Planar Sphere, where I've already had multiple occurences of the problem.

As for the mods, I have attached my WeiDU log as well.

I have also manually made some minor modifications to a couple .2da's, such as loosening some alignment/race/class restrictions.
    edited January 2017
    Interesting. Other scripts seem to work fine. I also don't seem to get the issue with a new game.

And now that I've tested it on a new game it seems to be working fine with Dorn now on the save. So that doesn't make any sense.

So sorry to hear you are having this issue. I'll see if I can find some time on the weekend to test BG2EE vanilla to see if I encounter the issue myself on a new save.
    edited January 2017
    Started a playthrough now. I'll post in an hour or so and let you know if I encounter the bug or not.
    edited January 2017
    Yea I haven't experienced the same thing on the new game.
    edited January 2017
    @elminster thanks for looking anyway. Have you seen anything in my WeiDU log that *might* cause problems? For this playthrough I'm not super attached to anything (was already planning on dropping Tsujatha as soon as I finish the Sphere) so I could just try to snip a couple mods/components from the list. Next playthrough I'll likely do a fresh install.

I was planning a session for tonight, I'll try to be extra alert to *when* it happens. All I know is that it's not limited to one specific party member. I've only noticed Jan displaying the issue for the first time in the sphere, though that might be because I often control him directly.

Edit: not sure if it's worth mentioning, but Nathaniel also had AI issues that made him completely unplayable, so I had removed him.
    Nothing really jumped out at me in the mod list no.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I had a quick look. One thing I noticed was that the AI did nothing if a previous action was incomplete e.g. if Dorn was trying to move to a point occupied by a hostile creature he remains trying to complete his move.

When you experience the issue, does moving the character slightly leave them inactive once they have moved?
    edited January 2017
    @Gate70 Viconia just quit responding to the clay golem that's attacking the party barely 2 "circles" away from her. Moving her a tiny step closer or further away doesn't make the AI kick in however. :/

Maybe worth mentioning:

- I have *not* saved or loaded a game in the meantime (so I'm guessing that's probably not it)
    - I *have* changed areas (from engine room to sphere to Abyss and back to the engine room)
    - I *have* also alt-tab'd out of the game one or two times
    - The only console thing I used was Explore Area (after I cleared both the ice and fire rooms, it's a pet peeve)

Edit: In the same area (the engine core) another clay golem just sneaked up on my Charname and started swinging away at her (missing her every time because of werewolf form) but now the only one who retaliates is Tsujatha. I manually sent Valygar to
    drop the demon heart in the core in the meantime, screen fade happened, but no change after that either.