Skip to content

Priest of Tyr

Hi everybody,

One of the major setbacks of the Tyr kit compared to Helm and Lathander is the inability to raise the APR outside of dualweilding. Divine Favor packs a considerable punch (+1 to hit and damage bonus every three levels), but its short duration (2 rounds) and the maximum of 2 APR (4 with Improved Haste) seem negate most of its impact.

However, I was wondering if anybody has tried Divine Favor in conjunction with Energy Blades? It sets the APR to 9 which would equal 18 attacks while under the effect of Divine Favor. Does it work? And does it bring Priest of Tyr on a par with e.g. Lathander?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    henrikfur said:

However, I was wondering if anybody has tried Divine Favor in conjunction with Energy Blades? It sets the APR to 9 which would equal 18 attacks while under the effect of Divine Favor. Does it work?

I haven't tried it, but no, it shouldn't work. The engine has a hard-coded limit of 10 APR, no matter what weapons/spells/abilities are used.

This is because the game engine processes each 6-second round as 10 consecutive "ticks" of 0.6 seconds each, and can perform (at most) only one action (one attack or whatever) per tick. To change that, you'd need to squeeze in more ticks per round, which would be a pretty major change to the engine, so you'd probably have to rebuild much of it from the ground up. So in practical terms, it can't be done.
  • henrikfurhenrikfur Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    Many thanks for the reply. I may have been a bit unclear in my original post. I'm not suggesting that using Divine Favor in conjunction with Energy Blades will increase the priest's APR beyond 10, but rather that casting Energy Blades first (which sets the priest's APR to 9 when attacking with the blades) and then casting Divine Favor (which gives +1 to the priest's hit and damage for every three levels) will give the priest two rounds (with 9 APR) where the bonus from Divine Favor is in effect (i.e. 18 attacks over two rounds).
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ah, yes, I see what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, that should work.
  • henrikfurhenrikfur Member Posts: 3
    Cool, thanks. I may try it out then.