Skip to content

[solved] BG2EE crashes in the Slums at night

raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello,

I'm playing BG2EE on Linux with a couple of mods installed.
When I'm in the slums at night, game tries to spawn Habib and then it crashes.
All I get is this message:
INFO: sAchieveID=NONE,m_sGlobalName=SPAWNHABIB,m_nValue=1
So the obvious questions would be:

1. Is it possible to permanently switch the spawn off? If yes, in which file?
I tried this in the game - SetGlobal("SPAWNHABIB","GLOBAL",0)') - but the spawn persists.

Also, the file ar0400.bcs has some related lines, but I don't know what it means:
16399 0 0 0 0 "GLOBALSpawnHabib" "" OB
1 0 0 0 0"GLOBALSpawnHabib" "" AC
2 1706 305 0 0"HABIB" "" AC
2. It's less important, but still. How to locate the cause of this crash?

I would appreciate any ideas.
Post edited by raizo on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I would think you'd need to set the global to 1 or higher rather than 0. Not aware of any issues reported for him though and you may find the crash is not related to him.

There was an issue with modded vampire content leading to a crash at some point, not sure what the status of that is but check any mods to see if that is a potential cause.
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    Now there is no message about Habib after crash.
    Hmm, strange.
    Gate70 said:

There was an issue with modded vampire content leading to a crash at some point, not sure what the status of that is but check any mods to see if that is a potential cause.

Additional vampire content that I have installed is Vampire Tales and Improved Vampires from SCS.
    And it would makes sense, since the crash happens in the slums at night, outside.

However, is there a way to access some kind of a log or a debug info about what is leading to the crash ?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    What version of SCS and BGIIEE are you using. The SCS readme states

V27
    Temporarily disabled the "Smarter Vampires" component on BG2EE installs, as it's causing (animation-related?) crashes that I don't currently have time to track down.

V29
    Restored "Improved Vampires" component on EE installs. (I can no longer reproduce the crash bug, which makes me cautiously optimistic that BG2EE 1.3 has solved it.)

Given the liklihood of this component being a factor, removing it to see if crashes stop will be easier than trying to determine what is happening.

Or try consoling in a vampire from a new game while still in the chateau. e.g. assuming names don't change
    C:CreateCreature("VVHAREIS")

Or zip and attach a save prior to the issue and I will check on an unmodded Linux install.
    edited January 2017
    Gate70 said:

[...]

Given the liklihood of this component being a factor, removing it to see if crashes stop will be easier than trying to determine what is happening.

Or try consoling in a vampire from a new game while still in the chateau. e.g. assuming names don't change
    C:CreateCreature("VVHAREIS")

Or zip and attach a save prior to the issue and I will check on an unmodded Linux install.

I am using latest SCS with fixes from Kreso.

I tried it on unmodded install. It worked.
    It looks like the crash comes from the appearance of Valen with the proposition from Bodhi.

I then consoled her in in the modded game in different area, and surprisingly no crash.
    I uninstalled "Improved Vampires" from SCS, but the crash persists.

So I think I'll go with consoling her in, since determining the cause might be difficult.

Looks like SCS is causing the crash.
    After uninstalling it, crash is gone.

I thought it was the "Increase the price asked by Gaelan Baele" component. So I removed it.
    Valen appears, then Brus, and then game crashes.

I will have to keep looking.
    It was the "Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" component of SCS.
    I uninstalled it and crash is gone.