Skip to content

Funny "problem" with Sarevok after playing through everything with several mods

So, I have played through the whole campaign, including Dragonspear, and I have modded my BG2 quite a bit (mainly with extra content and SCS, not with any mod-NPCs this time).

I arrive at the beginning of ToB and encounter Sarevok who offers to join, as he always does. The problem: he's got 2.7M XP whereas my party is at 5.8 to 5.9M. So he's at less than half of what I am. I guess I'll stick with Valygar, then...

This is not a complaint, and clearly this isn't anybody's fault. But I did find it quite funny.

The mod content has been mostly very good. But whoever did Sellswords should decrease the amount of XP dished out in that mod by something like 75%.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    You could always just use the console to put his xp to the same level as the rest of the party.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I arrive at the beginning of ToB and encounter Sarevok who offers to join, as he always does. The problem: he's got 2.7M XP whereas my party is at 5.8 to 5.9M. So he's at less than half of what I am. I guess I'll stick with Valygar, then...

Well indeed that's a huge difference, obviously due in part to your extra-content mods.

However, even in a completely unmodded game, I expect to arrive at Sarevok with my party at 4-4.5M xp ... which is why I very rarely hire Sarevok, he's too far behind.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Incidentally, here's a list of things that have really challenged me along the way.

1) Sarevok at the very end of BG1. That was a difficult fight, as indeed it should be.
    2) The Trademeet adventure, my first "path" in BG2. That is, in Chapter 2, you have the option of going to De'Arnise Hold, Windspear Hills, Umar Hills or Trademeet to collect money. You are very much directed towards the path leading to your stronghold, but I tend to choose Trademeet anyway, because it is, in my view, the easiest. However, with SCS and mod content, I found it quite hard. In fact, I didn't do the troll mound, because I felt I couldn't handle it with all the umber hulks.
    3) Modded Irenicus in Spellhold. This was probably the hardest fight I have had. He summoned a Dark Planetar, and the only viable solution I found (after dealing with everything else) was to have a hasted Valygar run away from the darn thing until it was unsummoned. Not very noble, I admit, but not cheating, either, and it worked.
    4) The lich from the Underdark device that holds a number of prisoners, one of whom is the svirfneblin boy. SCS liches can be very difficult, and for some reason this one was particularly hard.

After that, nothing. Irenicus and his minions in Hell, for instance, were very easy. As were all the dragons.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    wubble said:

You could always just use the console to put his xp to the same level as the rest of the party.

:anguished:

"Hey, you! Yes, you over there, the Fanatic of Beshaba! That's right, you! Now look, leave that drow cleric alone, I've got a much better idea! Right here in this forum, I've got a proper cheat heretic for you to burn at the stake! ... Yes, here you go, good, you take him away now ... Make sure those faggots are piled high, that's it ... Right, carry on! This should be a good show! ... Anyone got any marshmallows?"
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Console is love, console is life.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    I used to play scs (where you get *huge* amount of exp from all the random-spawn Tanaris in wk) with only three members (or less) in the party, so I'm quite used to enter TOB with a solid 8M exp on charname and his companion...
    Sorry brother, but we have to leave u behind.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I like to imagine a scene where an 8m xp Imoen comes up to 3m xp Sarevok and just snorts derisively.

"You? You are NOTHING."