Skip to content

Imoen Question

Since I keep starting over I've never got past act 5 (I did every sidequest possible before going to it though), I want to finally do a full play through with Imoen so I want to get her as early as possible, but if I rush to get to her do I miss out on any side quests or can I still do them later? Thanks

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can do all of the sidequests later. Imoen does not have many interactions with them, though.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2017
    Imoen doesn't have much to say after Irenicus' dungeon generally, compared to other NPC.

I prefer to do most of the quests before heading to the spellhold, when you come back you're much too powerful, not much of a challenge left then.
    Post edited by Yamcha on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    any chapter 2 side quests you don't finish you can just do in chapter 6. but like others said unless you have say the imoen friendship mod she is not going to speak that much after spellhold.
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    That's disappointing that she doesn't say much, I'd rather keep Yoshimo the entire game but obviously thats not an option. And another question, I know I've read you can do watcher's keep in both SOA + TOB is that true? And if I increase my npc party's stats in watchers keep in SOA does it carry over to TOB? Thanks
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Yes and yes. And with the Imoen Romance mod, she becomes much more talkative, even if you don't actually romance her.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    therdre said:

I know I've read you can do watcher's keep in both SOA + TOB is that true? And if I increase my npc party's stats in watchers keep in SOA does it carry over to TOB? Thanks

To be clear, you can do WK in either SoA *or* in ToB, not in both. Only one WK clear per game, but you can choose if you want to do it in SoA or wait with it until ToB. In fact, WK as an area will not change at all when you transition to ToB and will remain in the same state you left it in during SoA.

Any stat changes to your characters are permanent across all games where you import that character (either manually, such as from BG1 to BG2, or automatically such as from SoA to ToB).
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    Thanks for the answers, I just wish Imoen had 18 dex or higher strength, Yoshimo's stats are just so much better and my MP is a conjurer so I don't necessarily need another mage. My group at the moment is Keldorn, Minsc, Haer'Dalis (who is surprisingly amazing), Yoshimo and Anomen. I might switch up Minsc at times to do other npc quests and I'll switch Yoshimo with Imoen when I do act 4.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268

between the dreams and the prologue I think imoen might be a long way from the least talkative of the lot. Everyone other NPCs talks are just a lot more evenly distributed.
  • matricematrice Member Posts: 86
    cann't we keep yoshimo if we turn him to stone, and then un-stone him ?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    matrice said:

cann't we keep yoshimo if we turn him to stone, and then un-stone him ?

I think that loophole was handled by EE.

mod for Yoshi:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33721/keeping-yoshimo-is-now-available-for-ee-and-mac-spoiler-for-newbies-to-bg2#latest