Skip to content

Two quick beginner questions

Hi there - I've just reached chapter 5 of my first play-through... And truthfully, I'm finding the game to be rather easy (killing enemies wise) on the normal difficulty; it's amazing how far just spamming magic missile with a good mele fighter in the mix gets you. I know I can just raise the difficulty in the settings, but have any players shared this experience on a first-time play-through at normal difficulty settings? Completely unrelated, if I purchased and run the game through Steam, will it automatically update as Beamdog updates the game overtime? Cheers!

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Normal difficulty can be fairly easy, you can try bumping it up to core rules to make it a bit harder. Also, how often are you resting, if you try resting less you have less access to spells and those magic missiles become a valuable resource.

As to steam updating, yes I believe steam will automatically update the game when you launch it. You can try playing in offline mode if you'd rather it didn't as it can be a real pain with mods installed.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Yeah core much better, do it
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    You can use various difficulty adding mods like SCS, if you find the base game really easy, however i recommend to play at least once unmodded. I personally have yet to try out those mods, i prefer adding difficulty with self restrictions. I also play on insane mostly.