Skip to content

MDK 2 HD - Crash when trying to customize controls

tacctacc Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Beamdog and it's divisions abandoned and/or ignore the Beamdog forum, the place where you're supposed to ask for support. There was just one post by some person named "Dee Pennyway", assuring everyone that they are not ignoring this forum, only to then continue to ingore it. Seems like they are only hanging around in this forum here.
So that's why I'm requesting support for a completely Baldurs Gate unrleated product here. It's at least from the same developer.

This bug seems to have been around ever since release.

I've got the Steam version of MDK 2 HD. There's an errorless crash to desktop when trying to customize (or actually even view) the controls of Max or Dr. Hawkins.

Windows 7 SP1 x64
Intel i5 3570k
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
4x G.Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBSR (total 16 GB)
2x Palit GeForce GTX 680 4GB (SLI)
ASUS Xonar Phoebus
3x BenQ XL2420T running in Surround (5760x1080)

Doesn't matter if my 360 Controller is plugged in or not.
Windows was just recently installed. Latest drivers for everything.

I can offer some mdmp and, if requested, I'll even install XP, Vista and/or 8 to see of the problem is present there too.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Send an email to support @ beamdog.com and I'll take a closer look.
  • tacctacc Member Posts: 2
    Wow. That's dedication. 2 full months ago the support guy said he'll investigate which version of the game got published on steam. He hasn't returned yet, so I'm assuming he's still working hard on figuring it out. Other people would have given up already.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    They hang out over here because BG is the best game ever!
  • tacctacc Member Posts: 2
    I wonder if this guy is still alive.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    tacc said:

Wow. That's dedication. 2 full months ago the support guy said he'll investigate which version of the game got published on steam. He hasn't returned yet, so I'm assuming he's still working hard on figuring it out. Other people would have given up already.

I must say I couldn't help but laugh at this xD
    Anyway, send him a private message (better) or tag him with @ followed by the nickname.
    Have fun
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Someone brought this to my attention yesterday, but I haven't had time to find you an answer, @tacc; I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Expect a PM later today.
  • docfo4rdocfo4r Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. I know this discussion is a bit old but I actually managed to fix the customize controls crash. When at the default controls menu, before clicking on Max or Hawkings controls scheme, activate default controls scheme 2. After that, you can customize the controls for all characters.

Now, I heared somewhere that you can play with Kurt, and after that the game would also crash. I did not play the game yet so I can't check if this controls customizations would fix the crashing game when finishing Kurts first mission. Whoever is up for testing can try!

Cheers,
    docfo4r