Skip to content

[BUG?] Multiple shamans creates very weird issues.

KingxexKingxex Member Posts: 21
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
Whilst attempting to make a 5 shaman, 1 fighter party, I have noticed some strange things with regards to multiple shamans, namely their shamanic dance ability. Firstly, any more than 1 shaman makes no difference to global max summoned spirits, there will only ever be 2 spirits at level 1, even with 5 shamans dancing. It essentially makes all the other shamans redundant.

Secondly, as long as a shaman is dancing, it doesn't matter which, the spirits will not disappear, even ones created by someone else. You can move the original shaman that summoned them and the spirits will still be there.

Lastly, the spirits behave very strange when there is more than one shaman when more than one is dancing at the same time. They sometimes stand around, they sometimes move to a random shaman. Strange behaviour.

I have mods installed, but I was able to replicate the same effect on my girlfriend's copy that is completely unmodded.

I have attached a link to a video so I can explain what I mean in more depth.

https://vid.me/N33b

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    The global summoning limit is ... well, a global limit*. Thus it's probably correct behaviour that you shouldn't be able to summon more than 5 spirits no matter how many shamans dance - just the same as a party with multiple summoners of other classes being unable to summon more than 5 monsters no matter how many summoning spells are cast.

However, a group of shamans being unable to summon more than a single shaman could have summoned, yes, that's surely got to be a bug.

Whether summoned spirits are intended to be "personalised" to the particular shaman who summoned them (so that moving a shaman will unsummon his own spirits but not those summoned by another shaman), or whether instead it's intended than any summoned spirit can be maintained by any shaman dancing (regardless of which shaman summoned which spirits) ... that's an interesting question, and I'm not sure what the design intent was. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not, but it's worth raising the issue for clarification.

Summoned spirits apparently moving to guard any shaman at random when multiple shamans are in the party ... that could perhaps be intended behaviour IF summoned spirits are not intended to be personal to a specific shaman, although even then it might not have been intended. But if summoned spirits are intended to be personalised, then it's definitely a bug. But are they in fact selecting a random shaman? In the video (nice demo, btw), it looked more like the example spirit was selecting the nearest shaman rather than random.

(* Before some smart-alec butts in to show off with irrelevant points, yes, I know the global summoning limit can be evaded by using Project Image, etc., but that's not the point in this thread.)
  • KingxexKingxex Member Posts: 21
    No, I didn't say that you could only summon 5 spirits, I said you can only summon 2. Don't think you read correctly. 5 shamans can only create 2 spirits. That's my issue here. If 5 shamans could create 5 spirits I'd have thought "oh, that's the global limit kicking in", but that isn't the case.

It does seem as though the spirits go to the nearest shaman. I will have to do more testing to see if I can verify that. Either way, it seems buggy.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    It was in this other thread that you said it ought to be 10 summons for 5 shamans, and in your video you similarly asserted that there should be 2 summons for each of the 5 shamans. That's why I thought it necessary to explain the global summoning limit before commenting on the other points.