Skip to content

Android version bg2ee anytime?

I was wondering if bg2ee Android version was still maintained and if yes, if à release of a 2.3 or 2.4 was planed anytime soon???

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Hi @jeska22500 and welcome to the forum.

However, please do other users the courtesy of reading the forum to find the information you seek when it's readily available, instead of starting new threads to repeat the same questions already addressed in many previous threads.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2017
    Android versions are pretty much no longer supported. If you want the new updated games u have to get the pc versions
    Post edited by Wesboi on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There's no ETA on the 2.4 patch for Android, but it will be done when the developers return to patching the EEs (later this year). Right now the focus is on another project.
    That's just spin for no longer supported.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i don't really care as i am a pc player. but they would have said they stopped support.
    Gallowglass
    edited January 2017
    Typical small business model. Take the money run...
    But hey having transgendered characters in an expansion is for more important than patching games for the platforms they release on.
    Post edited by Wesboi on
    Xhoblaim
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Wesboi said:

Typical small business model. Take the money run...
    But hey having transgendered characters in an expansion is for more important than patching games for the platforms they release on.

I trust you realise those who write the characters and those who fix bugs and implement content are not the same people.
    Would of thought 1 person from the company would of thought about updating the game.
    In the time since the last update my son has had 2 birthdays, learnt to walk and started nursery. When the update goes live he'll probably be planning my funeral.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Oh my ... And in the meantime, 1.3 on android is just perfectly playable, so even if they had stopped support (which they have not), it's not like being left out in the rain.
    It's not perfectly playable. That's the whole point.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited January 2017
    okay ... maybe we have different standards then.

I've been playing BG/BG2 since 1999/2000 in all flavours and so many times, and find nothing particularly wrong with the android 1.3 version? May be i've not run into the problems you found?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Arunsun[Deleted User]
    edited January 2017

Wesboi said:

In the time since the last update my son has had 2 birthdays, learnt to walk and started nursery. When the update goes live he'll probably be planning my funeral.

The 2.0 update happened last April so it's been a 9 month delay bringing it to iOS/Android. If your son has had 2 birthdays in that time, I'd like to know what are you feeding that kid???

Please tell me where it says version 2.0 and the update happened on 2016.

The only misinformation is claiming beamdog are top developers.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Wesboi, you have already stated your opinion (to which you're entitled) in several threads on the forum. There's no need to post the same thing in different places.
    edited January 2017
    There in the correct threads in the forum topics. Is there an android/ios subforum. No.

Just shoddy practice by shoddy beamdog.
    It's amazing how the beamdog defense police spring to action when u criticise the poor support they offer people who spent hard earned money on the product they release.

That's my main issue.
    Post edited by Wesboi on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    In order this thread doesn't turn into flaming, I'm closing it.
This discussion has been closed.