Skip to content

Enough XP if do main plot only?

Hi there,

I'm playing multiplayer with someone who is only interested in main plot and too impatient to "clear out each area".

Just asking if we stuck mostly to the main plot (and major side plots only), will we gain enough experience points (get to a high enough level) to beat the "bigger foes" towards the end of the game??

Any input much appreciated.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    With a party of 6 you might get to the end through the main plot (and major side plots) with around 50.000 xp.

Is it enough for bigger foes? Yes, because should an enemy be difficult for your level you can still rely on potions for better thac0 and protections and wands for damage and summons .

I believe that only durlag's tower might be a real challenge, but since it's not part of the main plot you could avoid. Also, in the final battle with Sarevok be careful with those cloudkills.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    For a new player?

No. You'll have a hard time once you hit the bandit camp IMO as doing only the main quest up to that point may only have your characters at lvl 2 or 3, with poor gear to handle Tazok's tent or even the dude in the Full plate armour (If you dont have a hold spell available).

I suggest doing some of the bigger side quests though (Belt Fetish, Gnolls, Brage, Prism, Bassilus, Safana) to not only get XP but better gear.

Doing the smaller quests along those paths (cat in the waterfall, nymph's tree, boy in the lighthouse) wont take up too much time either.

Once the bandit camp is completed, the rest of the game can be beelined to the end IMO, as the XP is better distributed through out it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There is enough, yes, but it will be difficult. My first finished run was with six characters around level 4.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    consider a better friend :tongue:
  • fisab68fisab68 Member Posts: 12
    Really appreciate all the great comments guys.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    Durlag's Tower is end game dungeon, even when you beat it there is another monster that is harder to kill, When you go back to quest giver.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    PentiumD said:

Durlag's Tower is end game dungeon, even when you beat it there is another monster that is harder to kill, When you go back to quest giver.

sometimes I go into durlag's tower when my team is only at 40 000 xp , as long as you have 100 % find traps, 90 % open locks and a haste spell, you're good to go :)

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    there's enough. it's good to sometimes only play the main quest, the story is great and you remain focused on it. but do the durlag's tower, tell your friend it's the biggest side quest and important expansion content. also tell him that a part of the sory is your character getting more powerful and confident so if you feel you're lagging behind the enemies too much, you're basically going off the beaten track. but you'll be okay either way if you play well