Skip to content

Is there anybody who can effectively use Drizzt's scimitars in SoD?

So, I moved to SoD recently. Is there a point of keeping Drizzt stuff in my inventory?
Is there anybody who can use Twinkle (even with Helm of Opposite Alignment)?
And what about dulawieding?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I guess the answer will be that these scimitars are as useful in SoD as they are in BG1, still among the best weapons in the game.

They are maybe actually even more important in SoD than in BG1, as the final boss of SoD uses a lot of fire (thus extra protection against fire is a plus) and can be hit only with +3 weapons.

As for SoD NPCs, Corwin (an archer), M'Khiin (a shaman), Voghiln (a skald) - they can use scimitars, with Corwin and Voghiln as good characters being able to use both Drizzt's scimitars. BG1 NPCs in SoD can continue using them (Safana, Minsc, Jaheira, Khalid, Rasaad, Dorn, - good characters and Dorn with the Helm of Opposite Alignment can use both Drizzt's scimitars) and of course your main chacter can do it.
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    @JuliusBorisov thank you for the answer. I think I equip both scimitars on the scald. What weapon specialization does he have, btw?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Voghiln starts with proficiencies in Axes, Bastard Swords, Sword & Shield Style and Two-Weapons Style. He's level 7 at 64000 XP but will receive additional XP upon joining, meaning you'll be able to allocate a pip or two in a weapon of your choosing.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    If you grab him early, Minsc can have ** scimitars at Lvl 6 and ** in dual wielding. That makes him a great candidate. Otherwise, Scimitars are great for Charname throughout the campaign. A swashbuckler can use Drizzt's in BG1 and moves on to Belm in BG2.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Grum said:

If you grab him early, Minsc can have ** scimitars at Lvl 6 and ** in dual wielding. That makes him a great candidate. Otherwise, Scimitars are great for Charname throughout the campaign. A swashbuckler can use Drizzt's in BG1 and moves on to Belm in BG2.

Kivan works for this too.

Edit: Somehow missed that this was an SoD thread (despite it being mentioned repeatedly heh). My bad.
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    Grum said:

Minsc can have ** scimitars at Lvl 6 and ** in dual wielding

Wasn't going to play with Minsc, because he is bald and has ballast witch
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Grum said:

Minsc can have ** scimitars at Lvl 6 and ** in dual wielding

Wasn't going to play with Minsc, because he is bald and has ballast witch
    Role-play him as the novel Minsc with red hair.
    And kill his witch. Works just fine