Skip to content

Old Baldurs Gate 2 Paperdolls

hey guys, anyone has an idea how to restore them. already tried the old bam files in the override folder, but it doesnt work anymore with patch 2.XX. any other ideas how to get them back, they looked much better in my opinion. thx in advance

Comments

• DeadlyMuffinDeadlyMuffin Member Posts: 7
    I think options, graphics, "sprite outlines" is what you're looking for.
  • BlackFlagBlackFlag Member Posts: 8
    tried it it doesnt work, theres still a weird green box around them and some are invisible for some reason. but thx mate
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Hmm. You are referring to the in-game models. Paperdolls are the character you see in the inventory tab. You should actually uncheck Sprite outlines, and then restart the game before it makes changes to the game.
    i already restarted the game, and disabled the sprite outlines. it seems it doesnt solve the problem :)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on

ut

im talking about the inventory models :)
    Well that looks like a bug or something. Do you have any mods? Do you play the game on steam? If you don't use mods and play on steam you can varify the integrity cache. It will recreate all the missing and corrupt files.
    i have no mods installed, and yes it runs on steam but there are no missing files already tried that.
    Alright. Do this.

Open the run box, (Windows key + R) Type in dxdiag. Wait for the popup windows to finish loading. Then save all data as a text file and paste it here. It could be related to your system specs.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Those look like vanilla BG2 sprites... which the EE doesn't use so it must have been modded... try deleting your override folder (or look for the specific xxxxINV.bam files and delete those)
    just to clarify i want the vanilla bg2 paperdolls, i already took the old .bam and .plt files in the override folder. the screenshots show you what happened. normally i dont have the green boxes around my characters.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Maybe you could try this mod from @lunar :smirk:
    that are the same files i use, just checked it. but thanks worth a try ;)
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Oh, I see.
    I don't have an installation of BG2:EE to check this out but it looks as though the most recent versions might be using a different transparency colour for the inventory sprites. Or perhaps another engine alteration took place, such that rendered these older files incompatible. Or some stuff's bugged, who knows...

Maybe @elminster? :smirk:
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    BlackFlag said:

just to clarify i want the vanilla bg2 paperdolls, i already took the old .bam and .plt files in the override folder. the screenshots show you what happened. normally i dont have the green boxes around my characters.

God said:

Maybe you could try this mod from @lunar :smirk:

The green boxes behind also show up for me =/
    seems nobody knows a solution, but anyway thx guys :)
    The custom paperdolls you use are no compatible with the latest update. Go to the website you got them from and check if there is a new version.