Skip to content

Whose special ability is this?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
edited October 2016 in BG:EE Mods
This is an innate of someone in BG:EE, but whose? Does it look familiar? That panda/dog on a leash sure looks cute.

And who has an innate ability to Charm Animal? Which party NPC? It is probably one of them. The SPL is SPIN108. This isn't the ranger ability, that one is SPCL311, though they use the same icons. Here is this suspicious character:

Also if you know of any other charming abilities in BGEE or SoD, on the party side, I'll be happy to hear about them. I stress - on the party side, that is, the abilities and spells party characters have or can learn. Not abilities and versions of spells only monsters and non-party NPC have.

Edit: Okay, the first one is Coran's.
Post edited by chimeric on
111.jpg 145.1K
222.jpg 98.5K

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe the other one is safana's? im pretty sure she has a charm person ability or some jargon
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    She did have something, didn't she.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    The second icon, I believe, is that of Charm Person or Mammal... that is actually an innate built into Drizzt in the first Baldur's Gate. I do not think that any party member would have an ability with that icon, though I've never used Safana.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    First spell is likely unused. Its from BG2.

The second is the original special ability for Safana. BGEE uses Spin119 instead of it.
    Hoo-wee, Elminster, you're slow. 2000 years, rest it grampa. :D
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    chimeric said:

Hoo-wee, Elminster, you're slow. 2000 years, rest it grampa. :D

Heh...I did not realize how much this thread was necroed. I didn't look to see when the initial post was made :)

(Also neither myself nor Elminster is 2000 years old :) )
    You're forgetting your dates and your prunes, Elms. Ask Edwin. ;)