Skip to content

PROBLEM Icewind Dale enhanced ed. steam won't start...

cagnasso77cagnasso77 Member Posts: 7
Hello guys excuse me if I'm a bit ' off topic ( maybe) but I have this problem ( Icewind Dale Steam start problem ) : Yesterday I bought and installed the game on Stream , I press the button and start the game ... NOT happens nothing , in the sense that does not start, I aparsa , a window error with Windows scitto " error Access Violation..00etc ... I tried installing OpenAL but nothing has no intention of avviarsi..qualcuno solved the problem ?
Ah , how S.O. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit , video card nvidia gtx780ti , s . audio x - fi titanium hd i7 processor and Intel .. aveo dorse read that the problem are the proc . Intel ... please heeelp meee.
p.s. icenwind dale e.e. steam doesn't have .ini file...

Comments

• zabelmarzabelmar Member Posts: 4
    I am having the same problem, game does not start when launching via shortcut or through steam library.

I have tried:

1) restarting PC & steam
    2) deleting local content and reinstalling
    3) renaming the Icewind dale folder in documents
    4) deleting the appcache in the steam folder per suggestion from steam.
    I should add that prior to the patch the game started without issue.
  • cagnasso77cagnasso77 Member Posts: 7
    how deleting steam's appcache???
    Problem resolved????
    Nope, none of the things I mentioned solved the issue.
    nooooo.....so it's impossible to play Icewind Dale e.e. steam....
    I found the fix, follow these instructions:

- Open the games file location. - Open the "_CommonRedist" file. - Open the "OpenAL" file. - Open the "2.0.7.0" file. - Then run "oalinst.exe" Then install it,
    I tried ma that can't resolved issue...sigh...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I would suggest trying these things in order, appreciate you may already have done some of these.

Restarting the PC if you normally use sleep or hibernate.
    Rename the documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition folder so a new one is created.
    Download the game again in case the download was corrupted.
    Check your graphics card driver is up to date.
    Install OpenAL.
    Read through http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35183/no-sound although it isn't quite the same it may help.
    If your issue is an access violation (unsure if you said it was or was not), see if running the game as administrator helps, or re-installing with your usual account.
    Check if you have DEP mode on for all programs, and consider switching to essential programs only.
    http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Win-7&faq=25
  • jim15936jim15936 Member Posts: 1
    I fixed this problem with Icewind Dale not starting. I installed the latest OpenAL from their website. It seems to run the sound for the games. I must have deleted or removed it at some point by accident. Now my old saved Icewind Dale game runs fine.