Skip to content

Anybody else uses end of round auto-pause?

1235»

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I keep advanced AI on, but in a very minimal way. Everyone gets Attack Enemies and Prefer Ranged plus the thieves and monks get Find Traps. That way, when I have a mage cast a spell, if I forget to tell them to do anything else, they'll at least start flinging stones, and I don't have to tell the thieves to find traps, because they're doing it all the time anyway. Also, against trash mobs like gibberlings or gnolls, I don't have to do anything, the AI handles the whole battle without intervention.
    gorgonzola
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    I usually have all scripts set to standard attack and turn AI on after the tide of battle has already turned in my favor. Standard attack is best (for me) because the character will use whatever weapon is equipped, so I have control over ranged/melee by the choice of currently equipped weapon.

One thing that really disappoints me though with standard attack is that if I have a spell queued before the end of round the mage will begin attacking and I often miss that he didn't cast the spell he was supposed to.
    semiticgoddess