Skip to content

Spoilers! Thrall Prisoners

Is there a way to save the thrall prisoners to the east of where you enter the prison to save that bard? I don't want to kill them if there is.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You can stealth/invisibility past all the thralls to the master of thralls, kill him for the mastery orb then stealth back to the brazier to destroy it, which will turn all the thralls neutral.
  • CastersCasters Member Posts: 20

You can stealth/invisibility past all the thralls to the master of thralls, kill him for the mastery orb then stealth back to the brazier to destroy it, which will turn all the thralls neutral.

Oh, you're totally right. There's another room to the right. It didn't seem that way when I stealthed over there.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    I just did this, stealthed to master then destroyed the orb. The thing is, it seems the thrall's are destined to die no matter what. The ones in the east are freed only to be killed by the Hulks they share a room with. Concentrate on saving them and the ones sharing a room with the warden are killed.

Sure, it's easy enough to not kill the thralls yourself. But has anyone actually saved them?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    On my last run with SCS, the Warden turned up just outside the entrance on the right. So had to kill him before doing anything else.
    Meanwhile the Thrall Master went for a wander (for some reason) out of sight and all I got was messages about people being killed by the "petrify" trap just outside where you rescue HD.
    And of course the actual orb was with him, and he got caught in the trap as well.

The only group I had to kill was the Umber Hulk/Thrall group at the end of the corridor on the right.

Didn't think to stealth past that group so perhaps I could have saved them because everything was a bit random at that point, didn't know where anybody was going to turn up.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I think you could do it with the staff of the magi plus death spell to take out the umber hulks first, but it's really, really hard to keep them from dying to the other monsters around.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What's worse is that sometimes the thralls can kill each other if they turn neutral at different times since they change to 'friendly AI' which means they attack other hostiles. I've given up trying to keep them alive, especially since you lose some decent items.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    There's some script that forces them to die whenever they get a spell cast at them if they're blue, regardless of their actual health or damage sustained. They also seem to auto die if you take too long to get to the warden.

If you want to get the most of their help you need to to have a person break the orb and have another immediately show up to the warden area.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    How about (non scs) splitting your team, one half by east thralls, one half by warden, one sneak with the orb back to the brazzier. Appear so that the hulks and warden targets your teams. Break the orb to release the thralls, they begin fighting with you but won't be targeted. Maybe fall back both groups to the thrall master's pet's room where some traps are waiting.

Think I'll try that next time. Then if it works I'll pick pocket the thralls to get the Kundane(?) and the other goodies. Head cannon it as presents from the freed thralls given out of gratitude.

Think I'll try that next time. Then if it works I'll pick pocket the thralls to get the Kundane(?) and the other goodies. Head cannon it as presents from the freed thralls given out of gratitude.

I think that if you kill the Warden, all surviving thralls teleport away, so you'll miss Kundane regardless. It and the Gauntlets of Weapon Skill are the only magic items really worth keeping anyways, thankfully.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I don't think you get xp for saving them, so I just end up killing them.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091

I think that if you kill the Warden, all surviving thralls teleport away, so you'll miss Kundane regardless. It and the Gauntlets of Weapon Skill are the only magic items really worth keeping anyways, thankfully.
    sorry, who gives you Kundane?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2017
    When playing a paladin or a lawful good character I go out of my way to save them.
    When playing a berserker or other brawler type character, I tend to fight my way through whichever ones get in my way.
    When playing (rarely) an evil character, they're killed because hey, one of them might have something valuable on them.

When saving them, either stealth/free them, or just head up north and do the hard fight straight away. It's difficult, but doable to just head north and then east.
    Arthas said:

sorry, who gives you Kundane?

One of the female fighter thralls that appears in the area right before the wyvern.