Skip to content

Cannot finish Isle of Balduran due to bug with Karoug

DMizBGDMizBG Member Posts: 4
During the fight against Karoug, in the Shipwreck's captain quarters, Karoug transformed into a greater wolfwere but then, half a second after transforming, he disappeared. I thought nothing of it until I went back to Kaishas who told me that I hadn't completed the quest and I hadn't gotten Peladan as I hadn't been able to kill Karoug. By the time I realized this I didn't have any saves to go back to.
I've read that I can progress the story along by enabling the in-game debug mode using the Baldur.ini folder in order to summon a greater wolfwere. I'm running BG1 through EasyTutu and I've tried copy-pasting the debug mode into the Baldur.ini foldiers located in the Baldurs Gate Folder, Baldurs Gate Easy Tutu Folder, and Baldurs Gate II Folder and so far none have work although the baldur.ini files have been saving my changes.

Any help is appreciated thanks

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It's been a while since I used Easytutu but I think the below is correct...

Close the game.
    Edit the baldur.ini in your EasyTutu folder
    Find Program Options and add Debug Mode=1 as below
    Save and close the ini
    Launch the game
    Open the console with Ctrl/Space key combination

[Program Options]
    Debug Mode=1

Debug Mode has to be typed exactly in that format and in the Program Options section of the file, i.e. both words with capitalised first letter, space between them, no spaces before or after the equals sign and present after the Program Options section of the ini file.

If your EasyTutu folder is under C:\Windows, check if your EasyTutu folder has a compatibility icon. If it does, click the icon and edit the version there. It will look similar to this, depending on Windows version.
  • DMizBGDMizBG Member Posts: 4
    It worked, thank you! Was worried I would have to start over for a second
    As soon as I posted that I ran into another problem, when I use: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("WOLFWEGR") or CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Karoug") it's telling me the file doesnt exist

Is this just an EasyTutu problem or am I inputting it in wrong? Alternatively I can just end the quest line in the south island by attacking the villagers but I'd rather not.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It would appear to be the correct creature codes (at least in the original game so maybe EasyTutu changes them). You could set the global variable below, then the dialogue with Kaishas Gan should have the option to say Karoug is dead.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_deadGreaterWolf","GLOBAL",1)

To console in a Peladan
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("misc96")
    the next dialouge option for Kaishas Gan opened up after inputting that, thanks again