Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Buttercheese's Forgotten Doodles

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It's not like I have anything against you, but I don't support patreon on princile. I fail to understand as to why creators should be just given money instead of earning it, andy why their potential customers are okay to just giving off their money.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I can't speak for others but with my monthly donation to @Kema I get a commission so that's a pretty good trade and I don't mind spending 5$ a month to help a person of whom I consider a friend, in this case @Buttercheese . Especially if that money lets them create more stuff.
    ThacoBell
    Commissions for 5$ are rather financially harmful buisness decision, so I yet again fail to understand that. Also, let me explain something. Any creator who wants to have an audience will create art/music/wiritings/whatever to gain such audience, and thus having potential customers. Artist with patreon does the same thing, you just give off your money for that purpose.

Also, money doesn't let anyone create more stuff. Money are not enabling you to have more time, unless money from patreon are sufficent enough to quit the main job, which I doubt.
    CrevsDaak
    Oh, the commission work donations are 20$. I meant donating 5$ to Buttercheese specifically. I get what you mean, though.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @ObsidianShade
    Thank you so much :D
    I do try to make my costume and armor designs as viable as possible, since I too get very annoyed at non-sensical designs. I can rant for days about how the armor designs in Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 annoy me :V

@O_Bruce
    The idea behind patreon is that the more money I get, the less time I have to spend on "regular" work, the more time I can spend on drawing, means the more drawings you get to see.

It's specifically for people who enjoy a creator's work in general and don't really care about specific artworks being created. Think about it like radio broadcasting taxes: You pay for *something* to be broadcasted.

The bonuses I specifically offer are sharing WIPs, high-res versions of drawings, give-aways and stuff.

If someone does not want to support it, it's perfectly fine, I do also offer commissions completely independent from patreon.

Just please don't use my thread to have a debate on principles here.
    Take it or leave it, I won't judge either way :)
    CrevsDaakThacoBell
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Dragon Age: Origins did at least have a few decent designs mixed in with the bad, but 2 was worse, and I haven't even looked at DAI yet. Skyrim armors are rather offensively impractical as well.

What I don't understand about the whole impractical armor thing is that realistic armor doesn't actually look bad at all, and there are enough varieties of it to avoid too much duplication, without having to go over the top and create something that would get you killed if you actually tried to wear it in any real combat situation.

I think much of the problem is likely a matter of not understanding how it actually works, and why, instead just trying to slap something on canvas that looks good, so it's always a treat to come across someone like you who actually knows what she's drawing!
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Thank you for the link! Found a couple of more images to use for my ever growing BG Portrait folder. (over 420+ different portraits so far)
    ButtercheeselolienCrevsDaak
    btw, meant to ask, how does the monthly raffle thing work?
    At the end of every month I will use a random number generator to choose one of my patreons.
    The chosen one then gets something for free, usually a drawing.
    VallmyrCrevsDaakTroodon80
    @ThacoBell D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaw, thanks!
    CrevsDaakTroodon80ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I love your style @Buttercheese , who or what were your inspirations? Also, it would be amusing to see you draw something that is not adorable.
    VallmyrButtercheeseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    O_Bruce said:

"Oh my god, he's so goddamn cool!" - Vegeta, Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Careful this could easily devolve into nothing but quotes ;)
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Nah, she doesn't need to have divine essence to be godly at art.
    CrevsDaakVallmyrButtercheese
    Is that hipster Aloth?
    ThacoBell said:

Is that hipster Aloth?

hipster Sand

:neutral:
    Troodon80VallmyrCrevsDaak