Skip to content

Why some party members become hostile if you cast petrification on them, while others dont?

Greetings friends!

Sometimes, when i need to replace my party member to make a specific quest and i dont want my party member to return to his "home location" i cast petrification on him. The problem is - some of them turn hostile, and there is nothing i can do to make them friendly again : /

I used this trick many years ago when i had played BG, but it doesnt work any more...

Is there a way to make friendly npc never become hostile ? Maybe something i can do with shadowkeeper?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I believe that BGTweaks (or the newer Tweaks Anthology) has an option for party members to stay where you leave them when you remove them from a party.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Umm...

Most NPCs always had an option saying 'you can't go home, just wait for me here' in BG2 and in BG1 they just stayed where they were to begin with. The only exception I know of is Jaheira, so I don't know why you'd need to petrify them. Also in my experience they've always gone hostile if I petrified them. Anyways...

If you enable the console, Ctrl+Q with your cursor on your target to force them to join you. This can work on any creature.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    edited January 2017
    I guess some NPCs just doesn't appreciate being petrified, even if "it was just a prank!". But yeah, what @Artemius_I said. Unless you want to break up some of the pairs like Khalid/Jaheira I suppose? (Edit: In BG1 that is)
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    You could also pick up a Cursed Scroll of Petrification and have the chosen party member read it. I don't think they'll go hostile in that case.

I believe Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate offers one for sale and others can be found while adventuring. Or just use the console commands to create one.
  • KotvsapogahKotvsapogah Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for the information :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Or you could isolate them in a building before you remove them from the party so that they can't talk to you and will stay where they are.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Npcs get hostile even if a wild surge cast by a party member accidentally turns the npc to stone. I know.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You know, your thread's title strongly suggests that you like petrifying random people, mr. Mutamin.