Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Stuff

VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20
Hey guys! As you all I love D&D games, but also love to extract in-game recourses which is pretty fun. So here some screenshots of 3d models that I've ripped from Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. If you played this game you definitely find familiar Elfsong Tavern and its cellar.

If somebody find this interesting or maybe want use this models into mods or something - just ask. I can describe the whole pipeline of extraction process.

PS Sorry for my English, that's not my native language.
IllustairlolienNoobaccasarevok57MelloSteinStummvonBordwehrUOLegacy[Deleted User]

Comments

• MajinDokoMajinDoko Member Posts: 1
    I am just happy any time I see something reminding me BG:DA.
    Cheers for that nostalgic moment buddy.
    lolienNoobaccaVermillion[Deleted User]
  • Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
    i would love for someone to take this on. especially if they went on to finish off part three. im sure im not the only one who feels the unfinished business of part three. my eyes when right to this thread while i was scanning the list.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @Vermillion
    I would love to know how you got those!
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    If you can get the 3D models and display them isometrically, the actual conversion over to areas wouldn't be that hard. Isometric render into a bitmap and then handle the rest with IETME or DLTCEP. A non-trivial amount of effort, to be sure, but not impossible by any means.
    where's the best resources on learning how to create quests new areas and extended content?
    This is an excellent tutorial by Cuv on how to make areas using the IETME.

It took me maybe 5 minutes to make an area from the isometric picture from the original post.

The (crude) results can be seen here:

Having said all of this, taking area art from other games is often a violation of copyright, so I'd recommend treading carefully.
    VermillionArchaoslolienRaduziel
    thank you i am able to figure out IETME im sstuck on the infinity explorer part when i try to open game. i get stuck here
    if i am getting off the topic of this thread im sorry is there a place that shows all the programs i need and tutorials. i want to 1 make custom areas. 2 make custom creatures. 3 insert instances. 4 make custom audio or use existing audio. 5 bundle it into an install file.
    am i allowed to make the land of shou? or the jungles of chult? do i need to ask forgotten realms authors to use their content for free mods extra content?
  • VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20

This is an excellent tutorial by Cuv on how to make areas using the IETME.

It took me maybe 5 minutes to make an area from the isometric picture from the original post.

The (crude) results can be seen here:

Having said all of this, taking area art from other games is often a violation of copyright, so I'd recommend treading carefully.
    Wow! Looks even better than I can hope!

If you can get the 3D models and display them isometrically, the actual conversion over to areas wouldn't be that hard. Isometric render into a bitmap and then handle the rest with IETME or DLTCEP. A non-trivial amount of effort, to be sure, but not impossible by any means.

And of course it's possible to import all this models into 3d games such as NWN2 :) Here is the same room rendered in Unreal Engine 4:

Raduziel
    @Max_Wang, I'd highly recommend using NearInfinity over Infinity Explorer. The former is being actively updated, while the latter is not (as far as I know).

Also realize that each aspect of modding (areas, creatures, quests, dialog) require their own skills, so it's best to figure them out one at a time.
    ok don't bite off more than i can chew. i'll start with drawing out all the areas i want and draw where i want instances and creatures ect. then create all the areas in IETME. i'm excited i've decided on the character finding a ring of trees with doors like from the nightmare before Christmas. the first door is going to go to the island of Lantan. that way i can add quests door by door after i successfully complete lantan
  • MelloSteinMelloStein Member Posts: 1
    Hi, could you send me these models? Or describe the extraction process, please. I would love to mod them into a game! :smile:
  • ItchyDani3lItchyDani3l Member Posts: 9
    Vermillion, can you describe in detail how you got those models? Was it using the BGDA-explorer on Github? If so, can you share the compiled version? Thanks
    Sam_
  • agameragamer Member Posts: 3
    I have tried many times to extract single objects (obj) and get weird normals and missing faces, even though using world explorer from bgda explorer it looks correct. Also cannot get the world/level out all at once which would be fantastic. If by some miracle OP is watching this, please send help! :dizzy:
  • TonylinguiniTonylinguini Member Posts: 1
    If anyone is still trying this could you give me a walk through?