Skip to content

Throne of Baal final boss help. (Spoiler Warning)

RamshineRamshine Member Posts: 36
First I want to say sorry for posting so much on this forum. Fortunately as you can tell him the title I am finally almost finished with the game so I'll be free of me soon LOL.

I'm on the final boss and am having extreme difficulty defeating her. I'm able to get her to the third phase where she summons all those slayers and I just end up getting totally overwhelmed and don't have enough time to debut her enough to do significant damage. I summon swords and elemental a it distract them but it's just not enough. Any tips that may help?

Ps my party is Minsc, Saverok, Viconia, Edwin, Imoen, and I'm a Kenzai Mage
Post edited by Ramshine on

Comments

• RamshineRamshine Member Posts: 36
    ~update~

Just won. Thank god for Wish. Not being able to rest was a bitch

~Spoiler~!!!

I can't believe Viconia dies at the end ); very sad ending. I chose the mortal ending for her T_T
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited August 2016
    Please put the ending stuff under spoiler or change the topic's title adding SPOILER.
    This topic is not in General Discussion (Spoiler Warning!), where a reader reads ta the risk of spoiling himself (and even there imho for REALLY MAJOR spoilers is better to do it).

Don't prevent other people who play the game for the 1rst time to have surprises like the one you had about V.

Thanks.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited August 2016
    if for future reference you ever want to put anything into a spoiler box, this is how you do it:

[ spoiler ]
    [ /spoiler ]

so put that first spoiler tag at the beginning of your spoiler line, then place that second tag at the end of your spoiler line

just make sure not to do the spaces, when you get rid of the spaces between the words and the brackets, it will look like this:

hi
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 30
    I have a dirty trick to deal with Amelissan in the third fight. My normal party includes Imoen, Nalia, and Aerie. I use two spells, Simulacurum and Skull Trap. I have all of my mages memorize five Skull Traps and one Simulacrum. Before I cut off her Bhaal Essence, I have Aerie, Imoen, and Nalia cast Simulacrum and have their simulacrums cast all their skull traps where Amelissan will appear. Then, I have the real Aerie, Imoen, and Nalia cast their Skull Traps, for a total of 30 Skull Traps!

Then I cut off her Bhaal Essence and the fight begins. She then teleports into a minefield of 30 Skull Traps! KABOOM!!! It even breaks the Aerie romance script!
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    My favorite tactic with that fight is to just move the difficulty slider all the way to the left. Seriously. Don't like that fight.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Spike Trap
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I can't remember how I did that fight, I havent done the base fight though as I was playing scs ascension and so had the final four (with one on my side) as well as amellisaan. I seem to remember somethings about using aerie and imoen + simulacrums to launch horrid wiltings and other spells non stop.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I think there was time stoppibg from both sides too. It took me a lot of tries.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh dear, that Ascension final fight. Its spectacular, but so painful.
  • HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Last time I did it with no mods and on core rules and it wasn't hard. I also found a nice trick where you cast chain contingency in the middle of battle with three abi-dabis to instantly cause a shitton of damage. But remember to cast lower resistance 2-3 times because I think she has 100% magic resistance.
  • ArchGhostArchGhost Member Posts: 30
    Traps (thief traps, HLA traps, Skull Traps) are the easiest way to handle any fight the game allows you to prepare for. You are limited to only 7 thief traps but they are unresistable (stoneskin/mirror image blocks them though), while you can have infinite amounts of Skull Traps (if you abuse Wish resting/use "Rest Anywhere" mod) to hit through magic resistances and do tons of damage. If you have multiple thieves, 7 spike traps is more than enough to defeat her outright before she even talks to you to begin the fight.

In your specific case, with that party and on the final confrontation? Just bum rush her with Sarevok and Minsc with a combination of Silver Sword and the Ravager, using any WW attacks you have left or I. Hasting them. A vorpal hit will instantly end it (or at least trigger her script to end the fight), you can ignore/distract the demons. Barring that, Sarevok is an absolute beast in ToB with his Deathbringer Assault and can solo her.