Skip to content

Breach ineffective?

Playing BGII with SCS/SR. When fighting rakshasas and frikraag the red dragon, when I cast breach at them nothing happens and I get "spell ineffective" in the dialogue box. I made sure to cast secret word or spell thrust before casting breach, so as to remove their spell deflection first. Is it supposed to be like this or is it a bug, and if so can it be fixed?

Comments

• NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Only high spell levels (8 and 9 i think) can bypass Rakshasas immunities, even without mod, breach is only lvl5, so it is ineffective.
    Firkraag, i don't know what SCS modified exactly, but it should be a similar immunity.
    semiticgoddess
  • Raven999Raven999 Member Posts: 20
    Try casting a higher spell protection removal, like Ruby Ray of Reversal or Pierce Magic.
    Secret Word and Spell Thrust are the two lowliest spells of this category.

Spell Thrust won't make a dent against Spell Deflection or Spell Turning.
    Also, watch out for Globes of Invulnerability. Neither Secret Word nor Spell Thrust will get through it.

Keep in mind that many casters will layer themselves with Spell Shield on top of Spell Deflections.
    So it may just be that your first spell removal spell gets eaten up by the Spell Shield, instead of hitting the Spell Deflection.

Also, don't try casting Dispel Magic or Remove Magic on a mage protected by Spell Immunity: Abjuration.

• Raven999Raven999 Member Posts: 20
    Noon said:

Only high spell levels (8 and 9 i think) can bypass Rakshasas immunities, even without mod, breach is only lvl5, so it is ineffective.
    Firkraag, i don't know what SCS modified exactly, but it should be a similar immunity.

If you install the "More Consistent Breach" component in the SCS mod, then Breach WILL affect Rakshasas, Liches and other creatures normally immune to level 5 spells.

I'm assuming the OP has the entirety of SCS installed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Acid arrow works fine against frikraag, as does disintegrate and magic missile. I think he only had spell deflection on so spell thrust should do fine. I did install the breach component in SCS.
    Quartz
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    I seem to recall using Breach just fine on Firkraag.
    CrevsDaak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.