Skip to content

ideas for crypt ranger kit

2»

Comments

• marcosmarcos Member Posts: 71
    After thinking about what @subtledoctor wrote above, I'm thinking of following an earlier suggestion of his.

To wit:

1. I'll extend the HATERACE.2DA by one line. The STREF will say "Undead," but the choice will really point to some insignificant possibility in RACE.IDS. Probably "Kegs."

2. The real application of the to hit/damage will be in the CLAB.

This will have two effects, one which I like, one which I don't. I like that if anyone other than a Crypt Ranger chooses "Undead" as a favored enemy, there will be no effect in game. (They will be warned of this.) I don't like that a Crypt Ranger could choose another favored enemy and essentially get double bonuses. This would be especially the case if she chose skeletons, ghouls, or shades: The bonuses would stack. I'm already afraid that the class is overpowered. Things will have to work on the "honor system."

Still, given the limits of the engine and my abilities, it seems like the best solution for now.

Are there any problems/downsides to this that I have missed?

• marcosmarcos Member Posts: 71
    Okay, school has gotten in the way, but I'm almost done with this.

Hopefully the last hurdle: How to deal with fallenness.

I've been experimenting with slaughtering monks in Candlekeep, and when I do, I "fall" to a regular ranger. I just lose the kit.

How do I set it up so I'm a Fallen Crypt Ranger?