Skip to content

How to resize/offset BAM animation for inventory/item display icon

Hi guys,

Currently I need help to offset or resize certain items icon which is either too big or too small (Cloverleaf from SOD for eg)

Any way how to go about this? I am using DLTCEP editor.

Comments

• Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @gattberserk
    By the sounds of it, BAM Resizer should do what you want. It may require a tiny bit of math to figure out what percentage change to use in order to achieve the final desired size. It can also handle offset changes, but only uniformly across all frames in the BAM. If you need more fine-tune control, frame offsets can be set using BAMWorkshop on a frame-by-frame basis.

Item Icon frame offsets in vanilla games work like this:
    [item icon] XOffset0=(width-32)/2 YOffset0=(height-32)/2 XOffset1=width/2 YOffset1=height/2
    EE Item Icons that only use one frame probably use offsets that center the frame:
    XOffset=width/2 YOffset=height/2
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    Hi thank for the help!

But I cant seem to get the bamsize.exe to work? Any workaround for this?
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2017
    Suddenly I realised its not the bam that is the issue, its the cycle I need to create to show 2 different size icon at DLTCEP. Frame #0 and Frame #1

But I dunno how to do that, I can resize the BAM but when I try to import the smaller version (resized) I cant import to fit into my frame #1. It say need to load bitmap file.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Suddenly I realised its not the bam that is the issue, its the cycle I need to create to show 2 different size icon at DLTCEP. Frame #0 and Frame #1

But I dunno how to do that, I can resize the BAM but when I try to import the smaller version (resized) I cant import to fit into my frame #1. It say need to load bitmap file.

I have had trouble creating icon bams in DLTCEP. I've heard that nearinfinity is perhaps better, though i haven't tried it yet myself:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available/p1