Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Patch 2.3 foe BGEE

So i buy the BGEE but not on steam or gog. And now i have a problem because i can't patch my game to version 2.3. Now i have 1.3 version and i dont know what to do about it.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,664
    What store did you purchase from @Kisune523 e.g. Beamdog via standalone launcher (update via button on lower right corner, from memory), Beamdog via Beamdog Client (update with orange + button) or Apple store/physical copy (no update option at present)

• Kisune523Kisune523 Member Posts: 2
    I buy this game on pc in game store. I heve CD but without code to steam. Standalone game

• VildemagnusVildemagnus Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hello @Kisune523 I have a friend who got the same problem. did you get it to work ?

He buy it from a game store and he's just stuck in 1.3 patch and we can't find any patch download to update he's game.

I didnt get anything from what you said @Gate70 xD

Post edited by Vildemagnus on
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    Really kind of silly, and poor service, to deny patches for physical copies of the game. Why did Beamdog sell physical copies in the first place??

Stop thinking about it as a software problem (how do we set up a system for validating physical sales... it's unfeasible, this we cannot solve this problem) and instead think of it as a simple customer relations problem. Let these people register with Beamdog.com... have them send a receipt (maybe even send the disc itself) and issue them a license for the game! It's a solvable problem...

VildemagnusBelegCuthalion