Skip to content

Two all-round custom party plans for BP, or maybe next BG2 run as well

The two setups are similar, which one is better, or help me to find a stronger plan? I welcome all suggestions

Plan A:
F/M/T as main damager, dual wield Flails of Ages and apr +1 weapons
M/C as main caster
Archer, Gesen Bow
Blackguard as caster interrupter
Berserker, dual wield FoeBane and Crom Faeyr
Blade, using Vhailor’s Helm & images Enhanced Song exploit

Plan B:
F/M/T as main damager, dual wield Flails of Ages and apr +1 weapons
M/C as main caster
Archer, Gesen Bow
F/D as caster interrupter
Inquisitor, using THAT two-handed sword
Blade, dual wield FoeBane and Crom Faeyr, using Vhailor’s Helm & images Enhanced Song exploit

Comments

• King_NothingKing_Nothing Member Posts: 26
    personally i don't like F/M/T unless i play solo. It seems to level so slowly and you won't get access to level 9 spells. I also think your party lacks some arcane power. I would let your berkerker dual into a cleric at level 7 so you quickly get the berserker kit back and then make a sorc or kensai/mage.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I'm not familiar with Berserker>Cleric, what'll be his role? Tank, damager or healer?
    The way how party builds is after I read a BP walk-though from steam, the author seems to think that in BP the best defense is offence, and the best offence comes from physical (which I happen to agree), but I've not played BP myself, what'll it be in Lob settings?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You'll be lacking a single class high level Mage spellcaster for some time (until the M/C gets level 9 spells). I'd go with the second one over the first one, since I prefer having more spellcasters, and after the Poison Weapon nerf, Blackguards aren't much better than a F/D. Also, don't waste Vhailor's Helm on a Blade... Use Mislead and give the helm to the Archer, which btw is better lategame with Firetooth+5. Personally, I'd take an Inquisitor over a Berserker any day, but you could also make the F/D a berserker9->Druid to have both. I get the feeling a F/M/T would delay your thieving abilities in BG1, so I would instead go with a M/T, but this is just me (anyway, don't forget about Mislead+Staff of the Ram+6+GWW to backstab as a F/M/T), and your party is super late-game oriented anyway.

So, my suggestion would be:
    F/M/T or M/T (I'd focus on stabbing since you already have an Archer/B9->D/Inquistor for dps)
    Cleric of Lathander 11->Mage
    Archer, I'd go for both Short Bows and crossbows so you can make good use of Firetooth+5
    Berserker 9->Druid
    Inquisitor (consider a Paladin can dual wield the Purifier and Foebane pretty well)
    Blade, I'd go for Axe of the Undying/Crom and use throwing axes most of SoA/BG1

If you want more apr to backstab with your F/M/T, go with it, otherwise I'd recommend sticking to a M/T because of the slow XP progression.
    @CrevsDaak Long time no see! How's going?
    Never thought much of Archer, seems Firetooth's dps surpass Gesen's, the reason I choose Gesen is because its +4 enchantment level can hit anything in game, what's Firetooth's level?
    This party will generally be made for BP, so I just try to avoid dual classes :-)
    I prefer second one too, but I'm not sure I understand your suggestion party as there's only a Cleric 11 in it.

...And these F/M/T, M/C will finally be something like Kensai/Wild Mage/Assassin(or Swashbuckler) once your multikit mod is complete, just saying :-D
    @islandking hey there! I've been lurking/posting a lot lately actually!

I thought it was for BG2, my bad! If it's just for BP, I'd go with a Sorcerer (so you don't have to buy so scrolls. DD is also a good option, up to you), definitely an Archer, a F/M/T (will be mostly useless in BP1, but this guy, this guy will be god in BP2, a Fighter/Cleric, a Barbarian/Berserker (choose the one you like the most) and a F/D or a Totemic Druid (for summons+Insect Plague and more healing). Totemic is way better in BP1 and his summons are godly, but in BP2 F/D will probably be better.

In my last BP run I went with a Wizard Slayer (Long Sword and Short Bow), and it's actually very good, although it seems useless with a Druid/Cleric since you have Miscast Magic to deal with enemy Wizards already.

I'm not sure if Firetooth is in BP2, but in BG2 it is +4 (you can buy it from Sister Gallena in WK) and you can upgrade into +5 in ToB. In BP2 you can get Gesen's, but there's also Arrows +4 as well as a good bunch of long bows, didn't find any good crossbows, although there are Bolts +4. I think you should go with Long Bows or Short Bows, up to you I guess. You can buy the unlimited +1 quivers as well.

The Multikit mod... Uhm, currently it works perfectly unless it fails to install (I am actually fixing this but it's sort of random) or you're using either a kitted Mage (they lose their extra spellslot per level) or a Wild Mage (there's a bug with the XP rewarded for learning their special spells). I'll give it an hour today if I'm able.
    @CrevsDaak Haven't been much active lately as I've been blasting my way through hordes of enemies in SOD, planning to import my current F/M/T into BP, along with her items, then create a party for it, and BP2.
    Brilliant way to Vhailor's Helm Archer, never thought about that myself :-)
    Will surely stick to this F/M/T in current (VERY slowly going) saga run, meanwhile waiting for 2.4 patch, next run (with your mod) will probably happen next year :-)
    @islandking actually, your previous post reminded me the mod was bugged as hell and so I fixed it. Apparently I was illuminated today, and I managed to fix everything.
    Link so you don't miss it :phttps://github.com/CrevsDaak/m7multikit/releases/tag/v0.27.8
    I've changed a bunch of stuff (now you'll be prompted for a title for the kit)

The Archer w/Vhailor's isn't my idea, I've read it somewhere else, not sure where. The thing is that it's super powerful, and it's nice for a double Called Shot barrage.
    @CrevsDaak Thanks once again for keeping the wonderful multikit updated & upgraded for EE, already bookmark it.