Skip to content

Fighter / Mage build -> transfer to 2

Hello everbody, i want to play the whole saga with my char f/m (probably berserker 9 and then dual to m). What is your adivise, how to play bgee? should i play as the frighter the first part and after export in bg2 dual to mage? What is the best solution? tbh i dont remember and i cant find a answer for this :).
Pls help me!

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited February 2017
    If you intend to dual at level 9 you're gonna need 250000 xp on the second class. That amount of XP is obtained way faster in BG2 (a couple of stronghold quests provides that much), while in BG1 that would take a whole game .Therefore I would suggest that you enjoy single class berserker is BG1 and dual him at BG2 :)

P.s: if you happen to reach level 10 in SoD it's still easy to get 375000 xp in BG2, I wouldn't dual him at level 11,though (750000 takes quite a lot to reach) . My advice is that the game is more enjoyable if you don't take that much time to regain your old abilities.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Dual points from fighter are level 7 or 9 or 13

7 can be done in BG. 9 can be done in SoD. 13 can be done in BG2. You get the most fun if you do it at 7. You gain the greatest technical benefit if you do it at 13.

Where you Dual is a matter of preference and how much waiting and grinding you are willing to do.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Ditto - level 7 for me every time.
  • TarmoTarmo Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2017
    Ty guys for comm. I like to play all maps/quests etc. Check/look into each box! I dont have problem with xp
    This game is awesome ;)
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    Tarmo said:

Ty guys for comm. I like to play all maps/quests etc. Check/look into each box! I dont have problem with xp
    This game is awesome ;)

In my experience, grinding is not a valid option if you choose level 13 to dual as there is very limited option to do so. You will spend a significant portion of BG2 leveling the 2nd class to 14 to utilize the original class, which is prolly lessened quite a bit depending on how much exp you carry over from BG1/SoD. Level 9 is a very nice alternative and you lose very little. Unless you plan to use a lot of scroll scribing and/or going solo, it may make BG2 much more enjoyable.