Skip to content

Looking for Gate Scroll

bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
I am hoping to find a Gate Scroll asap. Where might I look for one?

Is there a random % of it dropping somewhere?

Comments

• bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Raduziel. I have been to that wiki page. The problem is that those are late-game zones. I want one much earlier, and am wondering if I can get it drop randomly somewhere else, like maybe on Dorn's questline.

SPOILER AHEAD

I want my mage to be able to Pit Fiend the red dragon, and as soon as I am of high enough level. I discovered a Pit Fiend can solo him, but... my mage is neutral evil, and it does not sit well with him that Virconia has/will have the moxy to kill the dragon, and he doesn't.

In the meantime, I've started a game as a power-hungry drow priestess.
    edit: Pae'Na. And wait until she runs into another drow pretending to be her!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You know that you won't receive battle XP if you use the Pit Fiend to kill anything, right?

I really don't know about an early drop of Gate, but you can always use EEKeeper :smile:

You can try a menor demon, like those called with Cacofiend (7th level, summons a Nabassu) or Summon Fiend (8th level, summons a Glabrezu). The later should be enough to deal with Firkraag.

Good luck!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Play as a sorcerer and you never have to worry about finding scrolls. Although, I concur Gate is a rather bad pick for a lvl 9 sorc spell.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited October 2016
    bdtgazo said:

Is there a random % of it dropping somewhere?

1) don't pay the CW for the licence, but cast spells in the town to get them spawning, in their loot is possible to find spells that gate in demons. reload and fight multiple times if needed, sometimes the loot is really good (lev 7 and 8 spells, even 2 of them in a battle sometimes)
    2) pickpocketing all the guards in town you have a chance to find high level scrolls, but I am not sure if the gating demons ones are included in the possible loot. Here reloading does not work, I suppose that the guard is created at the first time you enter an area, whit its loot, and then will never change.
    3) in the Unseeing Eye quest you have to answer to 3 riddles to pass a bridge. Fail multiple time to answer to the second, a Skeletal warrior spawns each time. He always drops an enchanted 2H sword (so possible infinite money trick) and sometimes other useful lot like Laeral tears necklace (money) and lev 7 scrolls or other scrolls that are rare or impossible to find in chap 2 like animate dead, tenser, warding whip. I am not sure if the lev 7 gating one is possible. Here you don't need to reload, just to be tough and ready to fight many, many skellies...

If something other comes to my mind I will post it.

Edit: in 3) is also possible to get lev8 spells, like ADHW, Pierce Shield and Spell trigger.
    Is perfectly possible to have in chap2 SoA, even quite early in it, a heavy magic party, with some arcane casters, and have them all with PI, sequencers and trigger, ADHW, gating spells, IH, Pierce shield, lev8 symbols and so on learned (and memorized if they have enough level to do it), is not only a Sorcerer's thing. And as you have to fight hard to get them imo is also not cheesy, fighting the high level CW parties or tons of Skeletal Warriors is not an easy thing, you earn those scrolls. And the forever spawning Skellies give no XP, that would imo be cheesy, as each one of them is not so hard.
    What remains prerogative of the sorcerer in chap 2 are the lev 9 not HLA spells, as afaik no TS or other lev9 scroll can be looted in chap2.
    Post edited by gorgonzola on
    Great tips, thanks.

I was just going to farm around the tree in the NPC blackguard's quest (forgetting name atm).
  • A pit fiend can solo a red dragon? That sounds very odd, in my experience, they destroy any summon, fast.
    Hmm. Well, its a small sample size... but the 'gate' summons didn't lose once.
    And that was without assistance from my party.