Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @CrevsDaak re: what happened to Brage's Sword - in vanilla he will give you his sword AND a hill giant potion I think - problem is, you need two free inventory slots (or things get dropped)- AND I'm not sure if it goes to the leader, or who-ever he happens to be talking to. If the latter, that almost implies everyone should have two free slots, just in case.
    CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Corey_Russell I have the Potion, probably it rewarded me with it later and made my PC drop the sword. Or maybe the sword was sentient and flew away. Who knows...
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    CrevsDaak said:

@Corey_Russell I have the Potion, probably it rewarded me with it later and made my PC drop the sword. Or maybe the sword was sentient and flew away. Who knows...

then the sword would be on the ground back in the Doomsayer area - but the sword will eventually disappear (only items in inventory and containers last forever, items on ground will decay after a few days game time). You MAYBE could have recovered it if you went straight back to get it, but hard to say.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald

CrevsDaak said:

then the sword would be on the ground back in the Doomsayer area - but the sword will eventually disappear (only items in inventory and containers last forever, items on ground will decay after a few days game time). You MAYBE could have recovered it if you went straight back to get it, but hard to say.
    I did but it wasn't there. Anyway it's not much I'm missing out.
    Corey_RussellWise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Neverused I like that dual class approach. Safe travels to Turac.
    CrevsDaaksemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    I don't think you really need to end the run there though if it doesn't give you an advantage...? Is there some way to disable the pause function for the space bar I wonder?
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited March 2017
    Neverused said:

@Wise_Grimwald Huh! Apparently throughout my entire no-reload career I've never put Tarnesh to sleep, then. Today I learned.

I was referring to an EE installation not with Tutu which I used to play with. Of course it could be one of my many mods that has caused the change.
    Hard luck @Grond0
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2017
    I have been trying to charm Brotus Bloodthirsty in order to fight Tazok at the bandit camp. I have tried several times using Algernon's Cloak but fail to charm him every time. Can anyone explain why? Am playing EE.
    Here is a screenshot of his resistances. He is not wearing any equipment that gives magical resistance.
    CrevsDaakGotural

I have been trying to charm Brotus Bloodthirsty in order to fight Tazok at the bandit camp. I have tried several times using Algernon's Cloak but fail to charm him every time. Can anyone explain why? Am playing EE.
    Here is a screenshot of his resistances. He is not wearing any equipment that gives magical resistance.

Check in the Effects tag. Maybe he's just immune to Charm or something.
    edited March 2017
    Nothing in Effects. He is an ogre/fighter. Are ogres resistant to magic? I don't knoe what EFF v 1.0 means.

I'm not sure what this legacy sheet is all about in Misc either.

CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I have been trying to charm Brotus Bloodthirsty in order to fight Tazok at the bandit camp. I have tried several times using Algernon's Cloak but fail to charm him every time. Can anyone explain why?

How many times did you try? With those saving throws you've only got a 5% chance of success, so would need to make a lot of attempts before concluding that he's immune.
    CrevsDaaksemiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I'm seeing nothing but 1's for his saving throws, maybe it's that?
    CrevsDaaksemiticgoddessWise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I was assuming that Wise was using Algernon's Cloak - that has a -1 save vs breath, so should have had a 5% chance of a successful result even without any further adjustments.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaksemiticgoddessWise_Grimwald
    edited March 2017
    Thanks everyone for the input. I was hoping that I could take out the camp using him as a tank. I eventually gave up, charmed Taughoz and got him to fight Tazok. He won, but at the cost of his own life. At least I got his equipment which I can sell in order to buy potions and scrolls. :) I think that I will use stealth in the tent and return at a later date.
    Patty the Pacifist is currently Level 4 Illusionist, Level 5 thief. Due to not killing anyone, her experience is quite low compared with the average run.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaklolien