Skip to content

Importing characters from BG1 to BG2. both on Android

I have just purchased BG2 on my android system and it seems like I'm not able to import my characters from my saved games on my BG1 android version. I've tried many options but didn't worked. Searched for this discussion in the forum and founded nothing either. Can someone help?

Thx

Comments

• hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    I did BG1 on my phone and moved the save files to PC and imported easily into BG2. I'd say if you can't find any help just try to import on PC and then move the new saves to your phone/tab. Or perhaps if you upload the final game save file and post a link here, someone can start a new BG2 EE game for you, save, and send you that save file?
  • Flavius1984Flavius1984 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the tip, @hispls , but I don't know why I can't see the saved games from my BG2 on the android device. I've searched the files everywhere in my phone internal memory and I can only find BG1 files but not BG2.

Well, I will continue trying any other way...if someone has the solution, pretty please! Don't let my char die in BG1:EE!!!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    There definitely is a 3rd party program people use for this. Its called iFunBox I believe.

Edit: Apparently that is for Ipad. Not sure if Android also has the app.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2015
    The save files for BG1 should be in "Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition\files\save". They need to be copied to "Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition\files\save" using any file management app (there is no need to connect to a PC). I found I the folder wasn't created until after I edited the settings and quit the application (the Baldur.ini file is added to this folder and I think it is only saved when you quit).

Edit: The "com.beamdog" folder names might not be entirely accurate but should be close enough.
  • Flavius1984Flavius1984 Member Posts: 5
    Sheeesh! That was a little hard but it worked! I've changed every item of the options, saved the game a couple of times, all until the folder com.beamdog.badursgateiienhancededition appeared in the phone files. I searched in all the fori and it seems this is the only way to import BG1 char to BG2; at least until Beamdog team still works on the game. I hope it helps other players like me.

Thank you very much, @wigglesg ! Thumbs up 4 U!
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    I use Dropbox to transfer the files over from one game to another. IF you know where the save file is in the tablet then you can easily transfer the save to the cloud and then back down to a different part of the system. You do have to sign up for a dropbox account though.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Yeah it is a bit awkward and then annoying having all the unloadable BG1 saves in the BG2 load list but they can be deleted once you've done you import.
  • ash24annash24ann Member Posts: 2
    I have copied the final save folder from the saved folder in bg1 and pasted it to bg 2. Nothing comes up when I try to start a new campaign. When I try to load a game it gives me the option to load the save from bg1, but then doesn't load.
  • ash24annash24ann Member Posts: 2
    Oh, I think I got it