Skip to content

How to get glowing weapon or craft one?

Jirayia2Jirayia2 Member Posts: 18
When I played first IWD, I found a guy with a weapon like this:

I was like "Woow a glowing wep! I bet later on ingame everyone in my party will have such!" But I finished IWD and nothing, not even one. Now BG2 Im still doing Black Pits 2 but I wonder is in BG possible to find or make such weapons?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I do believe there are some weapons with particularly shiny graphics, like Flametongue. However BG is not exactly known for its cosmetic vanity, and many of the best weapons in the game actually don't look like much. They do what they're supposed to, though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    DLTCEP has the tools to create glowing weapons and their unique effects, that's what you want.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I think they do but I worked for days trying to alter weapons in Near Infinity, even making a forum post about it in here, and when I tried in DLTCEP it took me about 30 minutes.

In my opinion, Near Infinity is a much better tool for referencing things and altering CRE files and DLTCEP is your one stop place for item creation of all kinds. They have very informative guidelines. With em my recently released mod has uniquely crafted items that don't appear in the base game.