Skip to content

Refinements HLAs hot fix

dibdib Member Posts: 384
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Since I really can't play this game beyond the levels you start getting HLAs without the revised HLAs from Refinements, and it looks like the author is "off the grid", I tried to make it work on BG2EE myself. I really have no clue how Weidu works or much anything about it so if you follow these instructions it's -

- AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It seems to be working fine for me so far but you might screw up your game.

1. Get the latest version of Refinements: http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/31-refinements/ and extract the files anywhere and then put them in ...\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783

2. Get the latest version of Weidu: http://www.weidu.org/main.html#weidu and extract anywhere, make a copy of weidu.exe and rename it "setup-refinements.exe" and then move it to ...\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783 (choose to replace the existing file).

3. Open up setup-refinements.tp2 with wordpad, notepad or similiar text editor and search for the line "REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @10". It appears 2 times in the file, delete both of these lines completely. Save and exit.

4. Edit kitlist.2da with DLTCEP or other IE editing tool, and remove the last column, labeled KITIDS.

5. Install mod as usual.

Note that new kits like Shadowdancer, Blackguard, Dragon Disciple etc. will just get the HLAs of other kits. If you don't care then just play on, otherwise I made some fixes for these for my own use which I'll share here. It's not a weidu mod though so you'll have to add one spell description manually if you want it to display correctly. The description itself is in a text file in the attached archive called "unholy aura description" and the description belongs to the spell TG#UHOLA.spl. You can add the name and description with DLTCEP or similar tools.

Copy all the files to the override folder AFTER you installed refinements.

IMPORTANT: If you have any mod kits installed my fix will screw them all up, sorry. If someone feels like making this little fix into a weidu mod and a little more compatibility friendly, go for it.
Post edited by dib on

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I've run into some trouble when dualclassing kitted characters to mage. Any kit previously had before dualclassing seemingly gets wiped and turns into the unkitted version.
  • WurstschorschWurstschorsch Member Posts: 1
    It works , thanks alot :)

btw Monk HLA obviously only apply to the unkitted monk , I was messing around for 60minutes till i noticed that iam just stupid
    The monk kits are supposed to get the same new HLAs as the unkitted monk if you use the fix I uploaded. If you just want to fix it manually find and open LUABBR.2da in the override folder, with a text editor and change the values in front of SUN_SOUL and DARK_MOON to Mo0.
    dib said:

I've run into some trouble when dualclassing kitted characters to mage. Any kit previously had before dualclassing seemingly gets wiped and turns into the unkitted version.

Ok, it seems like it's just the class name that changes. BG2EE uses an additional table called clastext.2da to determine class/kit names and Refinements changes your kit in certain circumstances (like when dualing to mage) to a copy of the kit you had. Because these copies are not added and defined in clastext.2da the game defaults to the vanilla class name. So your Shadowdancer dualed to Mage is still a former Shadowdancer, even if it says "Thief".

We'll just have to live with that until someone makes a real fix for Refinements.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlagdanBlagdan Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone figured out to make this work with mod kits?
  • BlagdanBlagdan Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    After about of fumbling around, I figured out how to get refinements to install and be compatible with kits, well the kitpack anyways. I haven't thoroughly test my solution, which you might have imagine is very simplistic which involves only deleting only specific lines in the tp2 file and deleting the kit tpa file and deleting the line in the hlab tpa file that includes the kit tpa file. Anyways, the only testing I actually done with my solution was selecting a couple classes/kits and adding XP via console and see if the refinement hla show up, which they did even with the mod kits I was using. Though I don't know how well my solution or if the hla actually work, I haven't actually tried them out since I am trying not to play BG2 until I play BG1.

Well without further ado here's the file

Oh and make sure to report any bugs, I may not fix them, since I barely know wtf I am doing, but others might fix them.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Blagdan I'm surprised why no one noticed this before. You version will be added to BWS soon.